Walking Dead

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My take on them scrapping the sniper plan so quickly was not only because of the Eugene factor, but also because of their prior impatience (especially Rosita) and the bonding they did in the warehouse right before. I mean, the main reason they went after Negan on their own was because they didn't want to wait for Rick and the rest of the group to do what they needed to do. They wanted immediate satisfaction, and they were willing to give up their lives to get it. Rosita was planning on going in, guns blazing right up until they were almost there and Sasha convinced her otherwise. Combine that with their bonding moment when they said they had each other's back no matter what, and I didn't find it all that surprising that they scrapped the sniper plan.

Yeah. I still think it was dumb though. They had the advantage of an easy shot from distance with the element of surprise. The two of them, and eventually just the one of them, going in guns blazing kills any advantage they had.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Yeah. I still think it was dumb though. They had the advantage of an easy shot from distance with the element of surprise. The two of them, and eventually just the one of them, going in guns blazing kills any advantage they had.
Oh yeah, totally agree there. Really stupid idea. lol.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
That really ticked me off. It was actually a good plan and they could have gotten the job done without tying it to a specific group. Yes, someone from Negans group would have taken over, but he might not have been as bad as Negan. And you'd probably have some fighting over who gets to lead, weakening them as a whole.

The only reason I can see for them scrapping the sniper plan was that they thought they could spring Eugene and he could help them get the job done. Of course that went to crap pretty quick.

I believe this whole segment had to be created because they need to kill off Sasha quickly. Sasha took a new part on Star Trek Discovery.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well. Negan told Sasha that someone told him that Rick was plotting against him. We don't know 100% that it was Gregory, but he was talking to Negan's henchman last episode.
How did I miss that???
Probably because I hate listening to Negan, and PapaLew was cackling about the "lady balls"...

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
So Negan told Sasha that tomorrow is gonna be a big day so I assume they are going to Alexandria then. Does the big fight happen then? How would everyone get word of it? Or does the big fight happen later and he just comes in and kills a few people and then leaves for now

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
God I hope Gregory is gutted. Negan clearly plans to use Sasha against Rick and judging from the previews, he brings her because they show Ricks group with a shocked look. Dwight was with Negan too so whatever they are planning with him will go down at the same time.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
God I hope Gregory is gutted. Negan clearly plans to use Sasha against Rick and judging from the previews, he brings her because they show Ricks group with a shocked look. Dwight was with Negan too so whatever they are planning with him will go down at the same time.

Shes either going to catch Negan offguard by a move, or that pill will come into play somehow. I dont think Rick and Co will fall for Negans bull **** this time. Too much at stake.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So Negan told Sasha that tomorrow is gonna be a big day so I assume they are going to Alexandria then. Does the big fight happen then? How would everyone get word of it? Or does the big fight happen later and he just comes in and kills a few people and then leaves for now
Which reminds me...I can't decide - is Dwight really changing sides, or is he a double agent for Negan?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I'm leaning that way, but Eugene surprised me last night, so I'm wondering how gullible I am.
Eugene isnt what he seems. While I do think hes subject to self preservation, I think he will ultimately lean towards good. Even if hes a coward at times, he plays the smart play.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Something tells me that Sasha will be put in a position to try to force Rick to surrender and to keep that from happening, she will take the pills out and swallow them.
Or not
:)

Im hoping she takes them right before he hauls her out there, then she turns and bites his face off. Of course we wont get that lucky, but maybe she throws the Saviors off balance.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Eugene isnt what he seems. While I do think hes subject to self preservation, I think he will ultimately lean towards good. Even if hes a coward at times, he plays the smart play.

I think so too. He's had a couple of opportunities to endear himself to Negan by ratting out some of the Neganites that he hasn't taken. He may be up to something, I'm just not sure what it is yet.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think so too. He's had a couple of opportunities to endear himself to Negan by ratting out some of the Neganites that he hasn't taken. He may be up to something, I'm just not sure what it is yet.

I dunno. I think he's completely willing to do whatever it takes to keep Eugene alive. He didn't rat out the concubines because it would have implicated him.

I think he would be opposed to seeing harm done to people from Alexandria, but if he can ignore it and pretend it's not happening, he will be just fine.

He is 100% coward.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Here is how I guess the season finale will unfold:

Negan and a few of his people (not their full army, just a few) show up at Alexandria and demand to come in. Rick does not want their guns taken away, so they get into a firefight with the Saviors who are just outside the gates. When it looks like the Saviors might be getting an edge, the Kingdom arrives and help turn the tide in Alexandria's favor. Negan and his people retreat and head back to their home to regroup and mount a larger attack next season. Sasha, Dwight, and Aaron's boyfriend die in the finale. End season.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Here is how I guess the season finale will unfold:

Negan and a few of his people (not their full army, just a few) show up at Alexandria and demand to come in. Rick does not want their guns taken away, so they get into a firefight with the Saviors who are just outside the gates. When it looks like the Saviors might be getting an edge, the Kingdom arrives and help turn the tide in Alexandria's favor. Negan and his people retreat and head back to their home to regroup and mount a larger attack next season. Sasha, Dwight, and Aaron's boyfriend die in the finale. End season.

I bet you are pretty close.