Washington hires Jedd Fisch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
How do you think these “duds” would go over at the bigger schools? You think Washington and Alabama are going to accept losing to Memphis and Ohio? I think most Iowa State fans are past accepting these losses too.
If he is at Washington, he isn’t losing to Ohio or Memphis. This is what you don’t get. The talent level and the resources make the margin for error different than it is here. It comes with its own challenges, but coaching at Washington isn’t the same as coaching at Iowa State. I do not see Washington as a good fit for Matt, but to bash him for what he has done at Iowa State is dumb. For much of my life our football team was one of the worst in P5 and one of the worst jobs in P5. HE changed that. I don’t know if he is a take at an elite program right now, but I know lots of P5 programs would jump at the opportunity to get him.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I don't know why you got dumbed down for this. It's 100% accurate.

I have no idea how Washington would sell their fanbase that just played for a national title on a coach who has never won 10 games, doesn't recruit well, and just lost to G5 Memphis. I like Campbell but those are just facts that ADs and fanbases are going to look at.

Exactly. His Iowa State resume is great for Iowa State but no way an athletic director of a team that just played for the national title could sell a fantasy a dude that lost to Memphis and Ohio this year.

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
What's your beef with Seattle? I love that place and decided in my next life that is where I am living.
Have you ever spent any extended time there? Our youngest son has lived there over 29 years and, as soon as their last child graduates from HS this spring, they’re moving out—as have many of their friends already! It is mostly damp cold 9+ months of the year, it is extremely expensive, it drizzles rain most of the day 9+ months if the year and now that the Seattle government has chosen to go full commie, the downtown is full is homeless drug addicts. Amazon, which had built new corporate headquarters in downtown Seattle in 2010 has now moved out as well and has spurred a massive growth in Bellevue, on the other side of Lake Washington. But now the Seattle City Council and the King County executives have built two massive new apartment complexes on the outskirts of Bellevue where they plan to live & house all the homeless. So the blight is being laid right in the laps of what has been the best part of metro Seattle and—for those of you familiar with the former hell hole called Cabrini Green in Chicago—the people in that area are now wanting to get out before those two complexes become Seattle’s “Cabrini Green”!

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Now that DeBoer is going to Bama, the Washington job is open.

Campbell is the type of loyal dude to stay there and build the program back up with minimal needs and isn't asking for $10M a year so can pay coordinators and ride the ship while Washington waits to get their full share of B1G money.

Was fun while it lasted.
Here was a post on X yesterday—I have no idea who this guy is or how he’d know this, but I have seen reports that DeBier was the WA 2nd choice last time & CMC was #1, but declined then. The AD is from ZUNI, so there might be something to this. Anyone who is a private jet flight tracker can help us learn more:
Now that DeBoer is going to Bama, the Washington job is open.

Campbell is the type of loyal dude to stay there and build the program back up with minimal needs and isn't asking for $10M a year so can pay coordinators and ride the ship while Washington waits to get their full share of B1G money.

Was fun while it lasted.
This on X yesterday:
1705157081691.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Believe Troy Dannen (Washington AD) & Pollard are pretty tight. That could be an interesting conversation(s) between those two if the Huskies are truly interested in wanting Campbell for the job. I think they will look elsewhere though.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Here was a post on X yesterday—I have no idea who this guy is or how he’d know this, but I have seen reports that DeBier was the WA 2nd choice last time & CMC was #1, but declined then. The AD is from ZUNI, so there might be something to this. Anyone who is a private jet flight tracker can help us learn more:

This on X yesterday:
View attachment 122121

Did you even bother to look at (checks notes) DanPom69’s timeline? Or username for that matter? His previous tweets link Campbell to Alabama, Mississippi State, and A&M. That is literally ALL he does.

IMG_1133.jpeg

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022

This on X yesterday:
View attachment 122121
HAHAHAHA amazing. DanPom is a notorious hok troll. FWIW, named Luka Garza the Danpom 2019 national player of the year

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016

This on X yesterday:
View attachment 122121
maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm
Status
Not open for further replies.