OklahomaW2626
Iowa StateW34 (+4!)38
KansasW4042
TCUW4546

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It will be interesting to see what Lee does; she has another year if she wants it.

Still getting my head around that, I'd lost track of that until the announcers talked about it. Medical redshirt plus COVID year so she has that 6th year. She'll be 24 this summer. She'd have a masters by end of next year if she wanted that.

I'll be glad when this COVID year is done for after next season. I never thought that it was necessary, well intended and all but dumb. Hoping the Hawk's Clark goes pro, otherwise the whole national record thing (scoring/assists) will be turned upside down and unassailable like our own ISU school scoring record.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
The way ISU has improved so rapidly with young players they probably aren’t a great first or second round draw for anybody as a 9-11 seed.

I mean with a do over of non conf they’re more like a 5-6 seed right?
Syracuse isn't a bad loss as they're one of the stronger teams in a good ACC, but I think we could beat Vandy if we played them a second time.....regardless, proud of the team's effort to get back into NCAA tournament conversation and now solidifying a spot in the big dance after that rough patch during conference play

Reactions: acoustimac

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Question for those that were more in tune with the ladies last night (I was at Hilton and only saw what was on the video board).

I saw a brief mention here of Audi in foul trouble. Can someone fill in the gaps, How serious was it? Did she sit because of it? Were they good calls or questionable fouls?

Thanks for any added info

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Question for those that were more in tune with the ladies last night (I was at Hilton and only saw what was on the video board).

I saw a brief mention here of Audi in foul trouble. Can someone fill in the gaps, How serious was it? Did she sit because of it? Were they good calls or questionable fouls?

She picked up her third early and had to sit most of that quarter. Picked up her fourth in the fourth and had to again sit for a while. Lee also picked up her fourth and that allowed some drives at the hoop since she couldn’t risk fouling.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Still getting my head around that, I'd lost track of that until the announcers talked about it. Medical redshirt plus COVID year so she has that 6th year. She'll be 24 this summer. She'd have a masters by end of next year if she wanted that.

I'll be glad when this COVID year is done for after next season. I never thought that it was necessary, well intended and all but dumb. Hoping the Hawk's Clark goes pro, otherwise the whole national record thing (scoring/assists) will be turned upside down and unassailable like our own ISU school scoring record.

It should of only been for players who got covid and missed a significant amount of time. Feels like just because the tourney's were cancelled in 2020 they just gave this extra year to make up for it.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
She picked up her third early and had to sit most of that quarter. Picked up her fourth in the fourth and had to again sit for a while. Lee also picked up her fourth and that allowed some drives at the hoop since she couldn’t risk fouling.
Thanks for the info sir

Reactions: acoustimac

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City

Just adding to Macs response, I thought Audi’s first was cheap but she earned the other three. I’m not sure what she was thinking on the fourth where she was running down the court and lowered her shoulder into Lee without the ball! In typical Audi fashion, she decked Ayoka, then helped her up with a smile.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Five years of playing against him probably created some mutual respect between them. I liked her on OU all those years. I have to admit, I don't mind the KSU women's team (especially since we swept them). The KSU men's team can hit the road.
It was her last home game. Bill just happened to be there when she was crying.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How the heck does OK not go up? Certainly they are hosting at this point?

The NET ain't perfect and that's why it is just one of about 10 factors the committee considers in selecting and seeding. There are always some curious NET outliers. Last year, IIRC, I thought the Sooners were rated too high all year and this year they look to be underrated considering how they have played in conference. I think our own team number is a pretty fair overall season assessment.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Oklahoma's non-conference was ugly (6-5), including a loss to Southern in Norman. They beat an overrated Ole Miss team early, but have no great non-conference wins.

Their NC schedule is holding them back.
wait......OU lost to Southern? Like the Southern Jaguars? What the hell?!

Reactions: rosshm16

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
After all of the doom and gloom by some with the transfers this year, this year has been a great coaching job by Bill and his staff. Overall effort and execution by the team has certainly exceeded expectations. The future could not be brighter for this young Cyclone squad.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Emily Ryan can stay for another year right? Do we think that's likely?
Yes. Pretty sure coaching is in her future and maybe some pro ball. Ryan may take one more season with her mentor (Bill) and cast, then strike out at a different school to pick up on different coaching philosophies or styles and work through the ranks. And if she stays on track and does not get all sidetracked as Lacey did:). As they say, "If you can't play anymore you might as well coach." I made that last line up.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Unless KSU loses.

In short, we need to win and have at least one of these three things happen:
  • Tech over KSU
  • TCU over WVU
  • Baylor over OSU
Just win, baby!
telly-savalas-kojak-color-5c01fb5e46e0fb000161404f.jpg