*** WBB at #15 Kansas State (Wed., 6:30) ***

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Just adding to Macs response, I thought Audi’s first was cheap but she earned the other three. I’m not sure what she was thinking on the fourth where she was running down the court and lowered her shoulder into Lee without the ball! In typical Audi fashion, she decked Ayoka, then helped her up with a smile.
I'll have to look at that 4th foul again. I remembered it as no different than the initial contact on either end of the floor that was happening in the post. Lee was bodying up our posts pretty aggressively on defense and when she was fighting for position on offense, but she collapsed on both Audi and Nellie for a cheap foul each late in the game. Even the KSU announcers commented on it being contact that Lee "sold".

Regardless, it should be a good lesson for Audi to be careful how she is initiating contact. A lot of lesser posts will resort to tactics since they will struggle to play Audi straight up in the years to come.

An old hand like Ayoka could teach Audi a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Regardless, it should be a good lesson for Audi to be careful how she is initiating contact. A lot of lesser posts will resort to tactics since they will struggle to play Audi straight up in the years to come.

An old hand like Ayoka could teach Audi a lot.
We knew Audi was strong from her T&F state titles, but I didn’t expect what we’re seeing on the court. I haven’t seen another post capable of displacing her yet. Ayoka Lee couldn’t move Audi. Taylor Jones from Texas was futilely leaning into it with everything she had. It’s going to be fun watching her bully the opposition with a smile! Last night the feisty freshman PG from KSU was trying to deny Audi position on the inbounds and she couldn’t stop laughing. She’s such a great representative of our program!

• Love
Reactions: StClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We knew Audi was strong from her T&F state titles, but I didn’t expect what we’re seeing on the court. I haven’t seen another post capable of displacing her yet. Ayoka Lee couldn’t move Audi. Taylor Jones from Texas was futilely leaning into it with everything she had. It’s going to be fun watching her bully the opposition with a smile! Last night the feisty freshman PG from KSU was trying to deny Audi position on the inbounds and she couldn’t stop laughing. She’s such a great representative of our program!
Yeah, it was crunch time and they were lining up for an inbounds play. All the KSU players were showing the stress in their demeanors, and there was Audi with a huge smile on her face not showing any of the stress, just joy for the game.

Love that kid!

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Super embarrassing that OU won the conference after losing to Southern.
No its not. ISU MBB won the conference outright, won the Big 12 Tournament and were a few minutes from the Final Four after losing to a terrible Drake team. It's college BB and **** happens especially while teams are trying to figure things out early in their seasons.

tomvet

Aug 30, 2014
Maybe OU has a great coach. Won the conference her first 2 years in the league without as much talent as some of the bigger name schools. It will be interesting how she does against the big name SEC schools. I wish her the best.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
We are currently in fourth. If KSU loses Saturday and we win the sisters could finish third
In terms of tournament seeding, I think I'd rather stay fourth. I know OU just won the conference outright but I'd rather play them in the semi-final than Texas. In terms of the quarterfinal, I don't have a significant preference between Baylor and WVU.

I can see ISU defending their tournament title with confidence building wins over Baylor and OU, followed by a thrilling upset of Horns Down. Go State!

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
In terms of tournament seeding, I think I'd rather stay fourth. I know OU just won the conference outright but I'd rather play them in the semi-final than Texas. In terms of the quarterfinal, I don't have a significant preference between Baylor and WVU.

I can see ISU defending their tournament title with confidence building wins over Baylor and OU, followed by a thrilling upset of Horns Down. Go State!
100% agree.

Reactions: StClone

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
No its not. ISU MBB won the conference outright, won the Big 12 Tournament and were a few minutes from the Final Four after losing to a terrible Drake team. It's college BB and **** happens especially while teams are trying to figure things out early in their seasons.
Hard disagree. Men's bb and women's bb aren't really comparable. the MVC and SWAC aren't really comparable (the SWAC is a 16 seed almost every single year). The ISU men's team still went 12-2 in the non-con with the only other loss being to #1 Cincinnati who finished the year 29-4 while OU wbb went 6-5 in the non-con with losses to Tennessee and UNC, both of whom have double digit losses this year.

Also, our own ISU wbb team beat Southern by 18 a month earlier in the third game of the season with: 5 freshman, 2 transfers, and no Emily Ryan.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hard disagree. Men's bb and women's bb aren't really comparable. the MVC and SWAC aren't really comparable (the SWAC is a 16 seed almost every single year). The ISU men's team still went 12-2 in the non-con with the only other loss being to #1 Cincinnati who finished the year 29-4 while OU wbb went 6-5 in the non-con with losses to Tennessee and UNC, both of whom have double digit losses this year.

Also, our own ISU wbb team beat Southern by 18 a month earlier in the third game of the season with: 5 freshman, 2 transfers, and no Emily Ryan.

It was an embarrassing early game loss but that doesn't equate at all to Sooners being an embarrassing team. I've been a skeptic of them most of the season, and last year to, but all they do is win in conference and that's the real title proven over the course of the conference play. Way more real than maybe stealing a tournament title in KC or something. It's weird to mock a title winner when we've had one title share of our own and it's been decades ago.

Iowa's gotta hope they can steal Coach Jennie from the SEC when it comes time for Bluder to retire. She's 41-12 in league play since coming to the Big 12.

Reactions: VeloClone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
It was an embarrassing early game loss but that doesn't equate at all to Sooners being an embarrassing team. I've been a skeptic of them most of the season, and last year to, but all they do is win in conference and that's the real title proven over the course of the conference play. Way more real than maybe stealing a tournament title in KC or something. It's weird to mock a title winner when we've had one title share of our own and it's been decades ago.

Iowa's gotta hope they can steal Coach Jennie from the SEC when it comes time for Bluder to retire. She's 41-12 in league play since coming to the Big 12.
OU has managed to get it done in conference play and I’ve felt the same this year as last…don’t expect them to go far in the dance. They have weaknesses that can pop up at any moment.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Meh Jenny can stay at Okie for the rest of her days if I have my preference, I'd love for the Iowa women to hire their version of Fran when Bluder retires. I'm assuming Bluder and Jensen(?) go out together.

• Optimistic
Reactions: WartburgClone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Meh Jenny can stay at Okie for the rest of her days if I have my preference, I'd love for the Iowa women to hire their version of Fran when Bluder retires. I'm assuming Bluder and Jensen(?) go out together.
And I thought Bluder was a version of Fran!

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
She does too well in the tourney to be Fran;)

No kidding but prior to Gustafson she did flop with a few teams that looked to be better than they did in March. Still, not like she has a career resume with no Sweet Sixteens, games that Mr. One-n-Done has only seen on TV. She flopped two years ago, along with us vs Creighton, but that was an upset, not a never really in it like good old Fran the Man.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY