***WBB: CYCLONE 2023 Recruiting Thread***

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
How good is she? She’s a native Texan and was committed to TCU until Mulkey flipped her to LSU soon after taking that job. No mention she was recruited by Texas or Baylor. Denton newspaper article said she was an all-Region pick, but nothing about all state. What do we know about her?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
FRESHMAN SEASON (2022-23)
Made an appearance in 20 games throughout her freshman season coming off the bench … Won a National Championship.

HIGH SCHOOL
A left-handed guard with an impressive basketball IQ coupled with great skills… Went 35-3 as a senior at Braswell High School and advanced to the Class 6A Region I championship game as a senior… Averaged 17 points, seven rebounds and three assists as a senior… After averaging 18.5 points and 7.0 rebounds as a junior at Braswell High School, Williams was named the Record-Chronicle’s All-area Offensive Player of the Year…Helped lead Braswell to its first Disctrict Championship as a sophomore… earning a spot on the Texas Girls Coaches Association Class 5A All-State Team… Was coached in high school by her mom, Lisa.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
How good is she? She’s a native Texan and was committed to TCU until Mulkey flipped her to LSU soon after taking that job. No mention she was recruited by Texas or Baylor. Denton newspaper article said she was an all-Region pick, but nothing about all state. What do we know about her?
It seems likely Baylor was interested if Mulkey grabbed her as soon as she got to LSU, but perhaps they didn't have room for her.

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
I see that Emily La Chapell is transferring from Marquette. Wasn't she on our recruiting list coming out of high school in Wisconsin? With the absence of experience guards, wouldn't she be a good get?

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I see that Emily La Chapell is transferring from Marquette. Wasn't she on our recruiting list coming out of high school in Wisconsin? With the absence of experience guards, wouldn't she be a good get?

I think we would be interested but may be in the same situation as Alisa Williams as she may have to sit next year if she just went into the portal.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
We did offer her back in 2020 (see below tweet). I haven't seen anything to indicate that we're interested this time around, but maybe this is a "do not contact" situation and we're not one of the schools she's looking at. She does seem like a good option to shore up the backcourt a bit.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
She was at the Kemna dealership in FD earlier this week singing autographs and t shGarry's.

The visiting schools thing she did was really good also. I have no idea how her BB career will pan out, but she seems like a super nice person.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I believe that's the incoming transfer from Truman State, Hannah Belanger.
Of course, it slipped my memory with this crazy roster turnover. She is from north of Milwaukee WI. I remember Isnelle Natabou (sp?) is she on campus?

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I'm also not sure how this works with signing a letter of intent. We're past the spring signing period, so I don't think the coaches can comment on her until she enrolls at ISU. Of course if she enrolls for the summer semester, that could happen at any moment. Summer session II started yesterday, so it's possible she won't enroll until fall.

Last edited:

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Picked up the interesting tidbit that she is a lefty from the LSU website (and I like the high BB IQ part).

1686692866110.png