Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I've updated the scholarship chart with Williams:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm also not sure how this works with signing a letter of intent. We're past the spring signing period, so I don't think the coaches can comment on her until she enrolls at ISU. Of course if she enrolls for the summer semester, that could happen at any moment. Summer session II started yesterday, so it's possible she won't enroll until fall.

Redshirting doesn't seem like a bad option though, for her or ISU. We are already integrating a ton of new gals in the rotation. She wasn't a ranked recruit and maybe could use the year to refine her game some. I bet she has a good idea of what she needs to be to crack a P5 lineup. It's not like she didn't learn anything in Baton Rouge about herself with championship level coaching and play/practice with elite players.

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Clark will be back. She'll make way more money playing college bball at Iowa than she will in the WNBA.
completely agree but it sure does seem weird to me that we can now say that about alot of college players.

Reactions: Royalclone

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I think the only thing that could have her leave would be if she was promised a spot on the Olympic team by Dawn Staley.
Why would that get her to leave? Is that something that would ensure her more national advertising? Plenty of college kids have made the Olympics in various sports. It seems winning would raise their NIL if still eligible.

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
I think the only thing that could have her leave would be if she was promised a spot on the Olympic team by Dawn Staley.
I would suggest that Clark will not play a fifth year at Iowa, thus, next year will be her last.

Here’s why:
1) here NIL deals are likely set up to go with her should she go to the WNBA
2) next year Iowa will have a disappointing year without Monica and Warnock. While Monica provided a second elite scorer, Warnock was a fantastic rebounder and could stretch the floor with her ability to hit the 3. Additionally, both could guard taller opponents. Iowa’s ceiling next year is sweet sixteen / 2nd weekend of the tournament.
3) Clark is a competitor and will want the challenge of playing against the talent in the WNBA.
…she will no doubt be on the Olympic team next summer, but will likely get limited playing time, as has been the case with every college player in the past.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I would suggest that Clark will not play a fifth year at Iowa, thus, next year will be her last.

Here’s why:
1) here NIL deals are likely set up to go with her should she go to the WNBA
2) next year Iowa will have a disappointing year without Monica and Warnock. While Monica provided a second elite scorer, Warnock was a fantastic rebounder and could stretch the floor with her ability to hit the 3. Additionally, both could guard taller opponents. Iowa’s ceiling next year is sweet sixteen / 2nd weekend of the tournament.
3) Clark is a competitor and will want the challenge of playing against the talent in the WNBA.
…she will no doubt be on the Olympic team next summer, but will likely get limited playing time, as has been the case with every college player in the past.

My understanding is that you have to be a professional player to be selected for the Olympic team - that is why I thought it would entice her to leave after this year. The Olympics are a REALLY big deal to a lot of players (no idea if it is for Clark) and with the limited opportunities (every four years) it MAY be something that she would not want to pass on if it is available to her.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Not that I encourage talking about EIU or Clark here, but Warnock's contributions will easily be replaced, likely by Kylie Feuerbach, assuming she's fully recovered from her ACL injury. I thought Kylie showed significant athleticism and talent during her freshman season, and I fear we'll see it come to fruition for the hated arch-rival this winter. JMHO.

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
Not that I encourage talking about EIU or Clark here, but Warnock's contributions will easily be replaced, likely by Kylie Feuerbach, assuming she's fully recovered from her ACL injury. I thought Kylie showed significant athleticism and talent during her freshman season, and I fear we'll see it come to fruition for the hated arch-rival this winter. JMHO.
Warnock’s stats speak for themself.
She was a tenacious rebounder and shot over 50% overall from the floor for her four years and 40.5% from 3! Those are very impressive shooting percentages -- especially for a someone who rebounds like she did.

Kylie shot below 30% from 3 at Iowa State and only 30.6% from 3 at Iowa. I hope you are right that she significantly improves her for shooting percentages and rebounding since she does play hard and is athletic and long.

Last edited:

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Warnock’s stats speak for themself.
She was a tenacious rebounder and shot over 50% overall from the floor for her four years and 40.5% from 3! Those are very impressive shooting percentages -- especially for a someone who rebounds like she did.

Kylie shot below 30% from 3 at Iowa State and only 30.6% from 3 at Iowa. I hope you are right that she significantly improves her for shooting percentages and rebounding since she does play hard and is athletic and long.
Kylie is a perimeter player. Warnock could hit the boards besides shoot. Kylie has three years left, but it would not surprise me if she is a graduate transfer whenever Clark decides to move on.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Camaj is going to Stony Brook, so the book is effectively closed on 2023 unless something unexpected comes up. The list in the original post was already empty, but now there's nobody left on my radar at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Junejax