WBB: Cyclones at Iowa tonight at 6:30 p.m.

TXHawk

Sep 19, 2011
What's the story behind that?
He was actually removed by campus police before the game even started. He was jawing and starting things with Iowa players families. Apparently he was cussing at campus police when they came to remove him.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Three quarters does not make for a complete game. How you can o from plying solid ball on both ends of the court to completely falling apart offensively and defensively in the fourth is beyond me. Don’t care what Clark did. When you get outscored 26-7 you’re not doing much right.

• Agree
Reactions: SMP05 and NWICY

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Returned to the mean from three. Shooters not named A. Joens or Donarski were 4-20 for 20%. 13% as a team in the second half and 1-8 in the 4th. Woof.

My thought and comment on us having broken the three point shooting drought in the 1st half was premature.
So why do these players not named Joens or Donarski get the green light to shoot from deep so much? I don't understand...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He was actually removed by campus police before the game even started. He was jawing and starting things with Iowa players families. Apparently he was cussing at campus police when they came to remove him.
Is he Frans brother in law?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Three quarters does not make for a complete game. How you can o from plying solid ball on both ends of the court to completely falling apart offensively and defensively in the fourth is beyond me. Don’t care what Clark did. When you get outscored 26-7 you’re not doing much right.
Clark really came through though - when the game was on the line. Easy to see why teams - like ISU - recruited her so hard. And only a freshman.

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Well Rats. I wasn't feeling all that well tonight so I lay down after the 3rd quarter. I figured a 17 point lead was fairly safe. Got up about 45 minutes later and planned on writing a congratulations to the girls for taking down a good opponent on the road. So much for that. Geezus!!!!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well Rats. I wasn't feeling all that well tonight so I lay down after the 3rd quarter. I figured a 17 point lead was fairly safe. Got up about 45 minutes later and planned on writing a congratulations to the girls for taking down a good opponent on the road. So much for that. Geezus!!!!

Get feeling better. Yeah it was a tough 4th qtr.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Not sure details but he regularly gets kicked out of HS/grade school events and is required to sit with Principal or other administrators now. He also has had a lot of issues with customers at his family restaurant. Sad for his kids.
Sounds like he needs to get some help. Pretty embarrassing for his kids and now Iowa State.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Clark really came through though - when the game was on the line. Easy to see why teams - like ISU - recruited her so hard. And only a freshman.
Here's the deal. Shouldn’t matter what Clark does period. What cost us the game was scoring 7 freaking points in a quarter. How many times have we seen an ISU team go on a scoring drought? This year? Every single game. You have to figure out what’s going to produce points and playing Chuck a three isn’t it. SEVEN points. Score ten instead and you win. One basket.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I personally like the 2 halves. 1st half/2nd half as opposed to 4 quarters. I never really liked that change when they made it. Not that that had anything to do with the loss tonight...other than Iowa got a chance to say...let's have a big 4th quarter and see what happens. And we responded poorly (very poorly) to it.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
I also think Coach Prohm should have his team sit and watch a tape of Ashley Joens in this game and say to them "this is how you compete and play hard."
What a player. Just gives 100% all the time.
Too bad Ashley Joens can’t play for the men Friday night. At least there would be a reason to watch.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
The three freshman that started the game all played well last night. It appeared that playing against another freshman in Clark made them more comfortable. They looked confident and they were aggressive. Ashley was great, but the size/physicalness of Iowa and the lack of calls by the refs made points in the paint difficult late in the game. I also thought Wise played a good game. I wish she would be more confident scoring, but she is really a solid presence on the floor and a good defender. Rae seems to be struggling to find her roll. I feel bad for her as a senior. Scott is really the key for this team. We need her to be the player she was as a sophomore. It will also help to get Maggie back.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Apparently it doesn't bother CBF to keep losing to the Hawkeyes...(sarcasm) what is that...5 in a row now? Just sickening. Not even a rivalry anymore.

It's been pretty evenly matched. Both of the recent loses in Iowa City went down to the last second. The outliers were the losses at Hilton that broke the string of home team wins and road team loses which made it more 50/50. Going to be tough again next year with Joens, a team full of guards and two freshman posts. I am not expecting any of the seniors back unless this season gets Covid cancelled. Will be an interesting year for the transfer portal, maybe we can pick up a player or two.