WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I'm not sure if transfers can take official visits, and a quick internet search was no help.
Yes, transfers can take an official visit.

13.6.2.2 Number of Official Visits -- Institutional Limitations. An institution may finance one visit to its campus for a prospective student-athlete before October 15 following completion of high school and one visit beginning October 15 following completion of high school, including a visit related to a possible transfer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I didn't know this rule: "In women's basketball, an institution may provide official visits to up to 24 prospective student-athletes in a rolling two-year period."

Makes me think about all of the unofficial visits for games and how the HS students get tickets? Must be okay to provide complimentary tickets for unofficials?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Makes me think about all of the unofficial visits for games and how the HS students get tickets? Must be okay to provide complimentary tickets for unofficials?

Hell you can give them a envelope filled with 100 dollar bills it's all good now. :rolleyes::jimlad:

• Haha
Reactions: acoustimac

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
13.7.3.1 General Restrictions. During an unofficial visit, the institution may not pay any expenses or provide any entertainment except a maximum of three complimentary admissions (issued through digital ticketing or a pass list) to a home athletics event at any facility within a 30-mile radius of a member institution's main campus in which the institution's intercollegiate team practices or competes. Such complimentary admissions are for the exclusive use of the prospective student-athlete and those persons accompanying the prospective student-athlete on the visit and must be issued on an individual-game basis. Such admissions may provide seating only in the general seating area of the facility used for conducting the event. Providing seating during the conduct of the event (including intermission) for the prospective student-athlete or those accompanying the prospective student-athlete in the facility's press box, special seating box(es) or bench area is specifically prohibited. Complimentary admissions may not be provided during a dead period, except as provided in Bylaw 13.7.3.5.

• Winner
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got me wondering if our Danish 2025 commit, Freya Jensen, will get an official visit. Would be pretty expensive unless they stick to economy seats. Pretty sure the elite moneyed schools could put student and parents in first class for a flight over the big pond.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Got me wondering if our Danish 2025 commit, Freya Jensen, will get an official visit. Would be pretty expensive unless they stick to economy seats. Pretty sure the elite moneyed schools could put student and parents in first class for a flight over the big pond.
13.5.2.3 Air Transportation. An institution providing air transportation to a prospective student-athlete and the prospective student-athlete's family members to and from an official campus visit must use commercial transportation at coach-class airfare.

(Yes, I'm deep into the regulations now.)

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
13.5.2.3 Air Transportation. An institution providing air transportation to a prospective student-athlete and the prospective student-athlete's family members to and from an official campus visit must use commercial transportation at coach-class airfare.

(Yes, I'm deep into the regulations now.)
Go mred! Go!!!:)

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
For those of you who might know some Hawk WBB ticket holders, is there a general vibe that they will keep supporting them at this year's rate of attendance? Are the fans really interested in WBB or just one of the best shooters and PG of all time?

My shoot-from-the-hip guess is this next season they will sell similar numbers of season tickets as this season, but it will fall off in a few years but stay above their historical average.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
That's my guess as well. Two straight national runners-up teams will keep numbers relatively high.

CC was a perfect storm: she is an Iowa girl. The fanbase can relate to her.
The support will still be good but for how long, no one knows. Even with Megan Gustafson, the support wasn't that great and Goose was really a likeable player.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
For those of you who might know some Hawk WBB ticket holders, is there a general vibe that they will keep supporting them at this year's rate of attendance? Are the fans really interested in WBB or just one of the best shooters and PG of all time?

My shoot-from-the-hip guess is this next season they will sell similar numbers of season tickets as this season, but it will fall off in a few years but stay above their historical average.
I know a Hox WBB season ticket holder of 20+ years and he got his parking spot back for next year. So they are not expecting CC numbers parking wise or they would have fleeced him for the 10,000$+ to park.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

UNI and us will be their best two home games before the Big Ten and should be solid crowds for them. The rest of their non-conference home schedule will probably be cupcakes since their other non-conference games are pretty solid.

They lose a couple more home games if they go to a holiday tourney. They could play as few as five non-conference games at home (they played 8 this year).

They will also have nine Big Ten home games.

Known home games:
  1. UNI
  2. Iowa State
Known road games:
  1. Drake
Neutral Site Games
  1. Virginia Tech (Charlotte, NC)
  2. Kansas (Sioux Falls, SD)
  3. Louisville, Tennessee, or UConn (Brooklyn, NY)

undersized_post

Apr 18, 2021
UNI and us will be their best two home games before the Big Ten and should be solid crowds for them. The rest of their non-conference home schedule will probably be cupcakes since their other non-conference games are pretty solid.

They lose a couple more home games if they go to a holiday tourney. They could play as few as five non-conference games at home (they played 8 this year).

They will also have nine Big Ten home games.

Known home games:
  1. UNI
  2. Iowa State
Known road games:
  1. Drake
Neutral Site Games
  1. Virginia Tech (Charlotte, NC)
  2. Kansas (Sioux Falls, SD)
  3. Louisville, Tennessee, or UConn (Brooklyn, NY)
Hawks' holiday tournament will be two games in Cancun against possible opponents of BYU, Rice, Rhode Island, Idaho State, and another team TBD.

Tennessee will be the opponent for the NYC game. (Louisville/UConn is the other matchup.)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
CC was a perfect storm: she is an Iowa girl. The fanbase can relate to her.
The support will still be good but for how long, no one knows. Even with Megan Gustafson, the support wasn't that great and Goose was really a likeable player.

They were top ten in attendance and lead the Big Ten in both Gustafson's senior year and the Doyle post-Megan pre-Clark year.

Granted it will be hard to match the perfect storm of Clark but there seems to be a perception on CF that Iowa WBB hasn't been a draw prior to that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron