WBB: General Thread of Cyclones Women's Hoops 2021-2022 Season

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
They did move the Sooners up six spots, kinda hard to move them more than that in a single week...

...Longhorn Network, I'd have liked to tuned into that...

OU maybe should have been moving up a while back and surpassed BU now without the unattainable big moves per week.

With the sooner rather than later move to the SEC The Longhorn Network is loosening its grip and is accessible with a little searching via ROKU and internet providers (Spectrum for instance). TLN might be found with a little sleuthing for that game.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Too bad OU at Texas this weekend is on that damnable Longhorn Network, I'd have liked to tuned into that. High powered Sooner offense versus a pissed off defensive team reeling from getting beat by Baylor twice in three days. If I had to pick a likely winner I'd go with Texas.
I like OU WBB and would ordinarily root for them in this game, but a Texas win would be very helpful.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
A few publications/websites have Czinano getting drafted.

Quoting @Three4Cy post from Clark thread because of WNBA draft guesses that have Joens from #4 to #7. I mean this fraft projections can be all over the place but here are two with her in the first round.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
No secrets here. Oklahoma and Iowa State have identical records (20-3, 9-2) with Iowa State having the tie-breaker as of this moment with the win in Norman.

Here is OU's remaining schedule:

2/12 at Texas
2/16 Texas Tech.
2/19 at Iowa State
2/23 at TCU
2/26 K St.
3/2 at OK St.
3/5 Kansas

Iowa State's remaining schedule:

2/12 at TCU
2/16 at Texas
2/19 OU
2/23 at KU
2/26 Texas Tech
2/28 Baylor
3/5 at WVa

SOOOoooo, predicted outcomes?

I see us losing the Texas rematch, taking care of OU at home, and losing to Baylor.

As for OU, I see Texas finally knocking them off. As mentioned, they lose to Iowa State, too

Iowa State needs to take care of business as they have the whole season. It really depends on us beating OU at home and NOT making a misstep at unlikely places like West Virginia or at capable KU.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Oklahoma and Iowa State have identical records (20-3, 9-2) with Iowa State having the tie-breaker as of this moment with the win in Norman.

Iowa State needs to take care of business as they have the whole season. It really depends on us beating OU at home and NOT making a misstep at unlikely places like West Virginia or at capable KU.

And then there's Baylor (8-3), who has 5 of their last 7 games against the bottom of the conference: WVU, TCU (x2), Tech, and OSU. That just leaves the Sat/Mon turnaround of KU in Waco and ISU in Ames.

OU's sweep of BU means ISU will have to beat OU in Ames for potential tiebreak purposes.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
And then there's Baylor (8-3), who has 5 of their last 7 games against the bottom of the conference: WVU, TCU (x2), Tech, and OSU. That just leaves the Sat/Mon turnaround of KU in Waco and ISU in Ames.

OU's sweep of BU means ISU will have to beat OU in Ames for potential tiebreak purposes.

Yeah them not mentioning Baylor in the post above yours was a mistake. I hope I'm wrong but I don't seeing Baylor dropping another even the one in Ames. I could really see that game being for the de facto Big 12 regular season Championship.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
No secrets here. Oklahoma and Iowa State have identical records (20-3, 9-2) with Iowa State having the tie-breaker as of this moment with the win in Norman.

Here is OU's remaining schedule:

2/12 at Texas
2/16 Texas Tech.
2/19 at Iowa State
2/23 at TCU
2/26 K St.
3/2 at OK St.
3/5 Kansas

Iowa State's remaining schedule:

2/12 at TCU
2/16 at Texas
2/19 OU
2/23 at KU
2/26 Texas Tech
2/28 Baylor
3/5 at WVa

SOOOoooo, predicted outcomes?

I see us losing the Texas rematch, taking care of OU at home, and losing to Baylor.

As for OU, I see Texas finally knocking them off. As mentioned, they lose to Iowa State, too

If we end up with a three-way tie like 2000 we'll just have to win the tournament for bragging rights like we did that year.

Reactions: TrulyCyclone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
My other prediction…ISU wins the battle in Austin. No way we have a game like when they were in Ames. We were minus Ashley, game plan thrown out, couldn’t hit a shot if they were paid to. This time the sisters take it to them.

Reactions: ISU40 and NWICY

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah them not mentioning Baylor in the post above yours was a mistake. I hope I'm wrong but I don't seeing Baylor dropping another even the one in Ames. I could really see that game being for the de facto Big 12 regular season Championship.
Rather maybe a mistaken belief when I excluded Baylor. As I see them losing a game yet. Though I predicted we lose to them, someone may beat them in their remaining games. They may be on a roll but it is also possible for BU to unroll.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wrong plumbing.

Can't make that argument this year. COY is voted by the coaches. Six of the ten are men IIRC. Of course Bill can't vote for himself so that's one vote for Jennie. Jennie can't vote for herself so that's one vote for Bill. Up to the other eight to pick the "winner". You can't objectively argue against either. Both, barring some crazy collapse by either team, will have earned it if they get the nod.

I will say it is bad luck for Bull personally to be having what could be his best year in decades and have it happen the same year a newcomer has put her team into title contention in a program that has not even had a winning season in several years.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Can't make that argument this year. COY is voted by the coaches. Six of the ten are men IIRC. Of course Bill can't vote for himself so that's one vote for Jennie. Jennie can't vote for herself so that's one vote for Bill. Up to the other eight to pick the "winner". You can't objectively argue against either. Both, barring some crazy collapse by either team, will have earned it if they get the nod.

I will say it is bad luck for Bull personally to be having what could be his best year in decades and have it happen the same year a newcomer has put her team into title contention in a program that has not even had a winning season in several years.
Didn't realize that many men.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron