WBB Recruiting

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
"This was a very personal decision that my family and I felt would best prepare me for my future" is all you're going to get, it seems.

And seems she may be well prepared to handle fan forums like CF and idiots on Twitter. :)

"There is nothing wrong with wanting to be the best you can be. Everyone’s journey is different. I’d encourage all young girls to pave their own way, even if it’s unpopular. Scrutiny and judgment come with the territory. It happens all over the world to successful people. My eyes are forward and focused."

• Agree
Reactions: ISU71

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
And seems she may be well prepared to handle fan forums like CF and idiots on Twitter. :)

"There is nothing wrong with wanting to be the best you can be. Everyone’s journey is different. I’d encourage all young girls to pave their own way, even if it’s unpopular. Scrutiny and judgment come with the territory. It happens all over the world to successful people. My eyes are forward and focused."

Not trying to be negative. Just curious is all.

• Friendly
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Also in attendance were Kiley Fuerbach (2020) Lexie Donarski (2020) and Maggie McGraw (2019).

Donarski has a HS team mate being recruited by Drake who was also in attendance, as I understand it.

Caitlin Clark from WDM Dowling was there as well with her high school team.

These are from the Drake gameday thread. Sites for women's recruiting don't provide much on the offers , at least for 2020's and/or for non-subscribers. Any local news on who is after Caitlin Clark other than everybody? The other high rated midwesterner point guard, Paige Bueckers here in Minnesota has had Geno and company visiting. The only thing I could find on Clark is that everyone but UCONN has offered which kinda fits the Bueckers recruiting.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Unofficially, to win a state championship. My kids go to SE Polk and that's what they share with me. They are a top 3 team in the state, and we have a sophomore who is as good as McGraw.

If you are equaling Larkin to McGraw I'd like to hear more on that. If not, who are you refering to?

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
If you are equaling Larkin to McGraw I'd like to hear more on that. If not, who are you refering to?
Yes, I'm referring to Larkins. I've watched her play for 6 years. If she continue to improve the last 2 years at SEP, she will be a high Div 1 recruit. She has some great baseline moves, and can shoot the Stinson floater almost as well as Curtis. Trying to get her teach my daughter that shot.

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
Unofficially, to win a state championship. My kids go to SE Polk and that's what they share with me. They are a top 3 team in the state, and we have a sophomore who is as good as McGraw.

I can officially tell you that the reasons for her transfer go much much deeper than this. Winning a state championship was never on the list of reasons to transfer.

Reactions: StClone

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013

Grace Larkins is a really fine player. Her floater (with either hand!) is the best I've ever seen in a girls high school player. And, I might add, she's a great team mate. Her upside is really high and if her skills continue on the current trajectory there will be multiple D1 schools after her, if not already having done so.

• Agree
Reactions: SerenityNow

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Grace Larkins is a really fine player. Her floater (with either hand!) is the best I've ever seen in a girls high school player. And, I might add, she's a great team mate. Her upside is really high and if her skills continue on the current trajectory there will be multiple D1 schools after her, if not already having done so.
She's a great player and even better kid.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and ISU71

Cyfanatic90

Mar 31, 2015
Saw Reilly Jacobson, Michael's sister, has left North Dakota State team. Maybe she will follow her brother to ISU?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
WBB recruiting is a different beast than many sports. Colleges can recruit them early than I knew. I know sophomore year "blow up" on the recruiting trail their senior year. If they don't have D1 offers early in their Junior year, they probably are not getting them unless they are lower level D1