*** WBB vs BYU (Sat., 6:00) ***

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Fun non-game bit from the game tonight: an officer from ISUPD was the one to run the Cyclone flag around the balcony in the 4th quarter today. Not sure what prompted that, but the crowd sure loved seeing it. He had a big smile on his face the whole way around.

I think he was the same officer that participated in the Juicy Wiggle dance routine with the ISU cheer squad at an earlier men's game. (Kansas?)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I nominate you to post a summary of the game on acoustimac's Twister Sister Summary of BYU. You always seem to have good insight about the game. (I'm sure that he would appreciate it as well, since he wasn't able to attend) Thanks!
Damn Acoustimac and Boxster are the analysis guys. I'm just the fan in the stands.

Like I said early no answer for Audi, probably Emily's best game IMO. Eveyone else just contributed across the board Addy is a beast, Belanger hit some timely 3s. Our defense while not as aggressive as the men certainly created their fair share of rurnovers. Diew is still out with injuries(?). At the end Mary Kate passed up a 3 but did get end the game with the ball in her hands. Our fan support was outstanding today, probably the biggest game of the season other than Iowa. I'm guessing a actual of 9000 or better lower bowl full and the center balcony probably a third full. Definitely would have filled a lot of smaller gyms.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Also, I hope that one cancer survivor who did a faceplant coming onto the court during the pregame is okay. That looked like a very hard fall.

• Sad
Reactions: StClone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Was fun to watch BALL MOVEMENT. When these ladies pass the ball it opens up so many things. I’m really puzzled with Brown's offensive disappearing act. It sure hasn’t impacted her effort or her stat stuffing in other areas.

Reactions: NWICY

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
What? Would appreciate an update on this.
When they brought the cancer survivors onto the court for the pregame thing the lady at the front of the line (at least I'm assuming she was part of that) tripped and did a very hard faceplant. They set her up in a courtside seat in the corner by the band and had paramedics check her out.

I'm assuming she was relatively fine since she stayed in that same seat for the entire game without any further visits from medical staff.

• Sad
Reactions: fcclone

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I missed this one, driving home from a week in Minnesota. I couldn't find the game on the radio in eastern Iowa as it was supplanted by the Cedar Rapids / Waterloo hockey game, plus I couldn't get the Varsity App to work! With this outcome, maybe I need to skip the rest of them! Nice win - go State!!!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I missed this one, driving home from a week in Minnesota. I couldn't find the game on the radio in eastern Iowa as it was supplanted by the Cedar Rapids / Waterloo hockey game, plus I couldn't get the Varsity App to work! With this outcome, maybe I need to skip the rest of them! Nice win - go State!!!

When I listen to a radio broadcast, I use the "Listen to Live Audio" link in the Cyclones app, but then "Listen via Website" because the "Varsity App" link there doesn't work for me.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Watching that inside/out game I was thinking to myself “Lexie and Danae wanted more offense” like really?????
Was that the rumor? I get wanting more shots *for yourself* but CBF's teams have been jacking threes and feeding the post (when we have one) for 25 years. They're both taking fewer shots and scoring fewer points than they did last year.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I think he was the same officer that participated in the Juicy Wiggle dance routine with the ISU cheer squad at an earlier men's game. (Kansas?)
I didn’t think he was the same one, just looking at his face as he passed by. I agree, though, he was having a good time. There were at last two other officers who greeted him after he finished :)

Reactions: riceville98

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Asked my mom about lady that fell because as a breast cancer survivor my mom was among the ladies on the court. She was close to the lady who fell and said it was a scary moment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron