WBB vs Iowa (Wed 12/8 6PM ESPNU)

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
As usual, the DM Register heaped all kinds of praise on the Cyclones for their big win.

Headline:
Finally, Iowa State women's basketball secures first win over Iowa in Cy-Hawk series since 2015

The write up from Tommy Birch is just as positive as he references the losing streak five more times, just in case the reader still wasn't aware.

• Haha
Reactions: Prone2Clone

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
As usual, the DM Register heaped all kinds of praise on the Cyclones for their big win.

Headline:
Finally, Iowa State women's basketball secures first win over Iowa in Cy-Hawk series since 2015

The write up from Tommy Birch is just as positive as he references the losing streak five more times, just in case the reader still wasn't aware.

ISU Daily is superior paper.

KCCI just ran a bunch of Clark clips from the game. Did not have volume on but sure they were talking about streak.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Caitlin Clark: “This is just great for women’s basketball, especially in the state of Iowa, to have a crowd like that, to have a student section like that, and I love to see that,” Clark said. “Good for them. I’m glad these fans came out watched two really quality teams. I think that’s just great for women’s basketball and, like I said, the state of Iowa.”

Now that's class.

She wasn’t that classy on the court, but at least she was after the game….. unlike her coach.

I would almost respect Bluder a little if she had said that.

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
She wasn’t that classy on the court, but at least she was after the game….. unlike her coach.

I would almost respect Bluder a little if she had said that.
Eh she's a baller and when they are on the court they only care about winning. Locked in and the rest of the world they couldn't care less about. Tons of respect for her game and for what she said afterwards. Her coach...well fits the bill for TOE

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Bluder hates Iowa State and coach Fen- She can't hide it and her whiny ass nature goes into overdrive when she plays us. If they had called Clark for the forearm she would have fouled out in her first 5 trips down the court.

Bluder's post-game was a disgrace. Worse than anything the Brands boys did after the dual.

• Wow
Reactions: cygrads

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Question from tonight. I would swear that the Hok's #25 had 3 fouls in the first half. She got a third with a few minutes left in the first half and came out of the game. Again, I would swear that the scoreboard listed her as having 3 fouls at halftime. Then, when the second half started, my daughter noticed that the scoreboard listed her as having only 2 fouls. Once she said it, everyone around us remembered her getting her third in the first half.

Anybody have an clarification? Perhaps what we thought was a third foul in the first half was really on someone else and they just took her out for another reason. But I swear the scoreboard said 3 fouls.

It is a big deal because she finished the game with 4 fouls and would have fouled out early in the 4th quarter if she started the second half with 3 fouls.

Poor communication by the officials, both on the initial call and the correction.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Was at the game then came home and watched the game again (I always record every game I can) to see how it was called. While I like having games on the broadcast ESPN channels instead of just ESPN+ I wish they would get better announcers. They use many former players that to many times seem to forget there is a game being played while they go off on a tangent talking about a player or coach and forget to call the action on the floor. They also call out players making a play and say they are from the wrong team. Last night they made the comment that Ashley took the most shots she has taken this year (28). I don't follow the stats for Iowa but Clark had 26 attempts only 2 less. Guess she must shoot a lot more since no mention of here 26.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
probably more to do with the fact that Iowa just got over Covid.

Yet they just spent 40 minutes in close contact on the floor and did not see any masks or attempts to stay away from our players. The usher near me said it was poor sportsmanship on them just his opinion.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Since @StClone asked nicely for someone to start an ISU/Iowa game thread, here we are.
-----------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Official game preview: https://cyclones.com/news/2021/12/7/womens-basketball-iowa-state-hosts-iowa-in-top-15-matchup.aspx

Where: Hilton Coliseum - Ames Iowa
When: Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 6 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Morgan Kane, Aubrey Joens, Ashley Joens, Emily Ryan, Lexi Donarski
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Noah Wolf, Jamie Steyer Johnson
TV: ESPNU
Talent: Pam Ward, Stephanie White

The Lead
The 15th-ranked Iowa State women's basketball team hosts No. 12 Iowa on Wed., Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. on ESPNU. Wednesday's game marks the first time in series history where both teams are ranked in the top-15 for the annual Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk game. Iowa leads the all-time series 29-22.
I just wanted to say since I can get so few ballgames, I get kind of spacey about when actual games are going to be played and I looked on the website and found that ISU beat Iowa just a little while ago. I want to congratulate them and I really appreciate them getting to see them even though I have only had the opportunity to see them in the game against LSU. They are a fine looking team!

• Friendly
Reactions: StClone and NWICY