We Will Collective contributor numbers

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
@brentblum I'm currently signed up for yearly donation. Would it benefit the collective to switch to monthly for any reason? Happy to adjust if it makes any difference.

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Jeremy is correct. We are taking Iowa State's lead on the data sharing conversation. Clearly we would love access to this, but also are respectful of the rules and sensitivity. Iowa State has been nothing but great in working with us. We're all trying to figure this out together.

What if, and hear me out, a very technologically inclined person were to secretly hack into the master ticket list. Would you be interested? Hmmmm Hmmm

And yes I have changed my tune on the We Will Collective after hearing Anthony Johnson's story.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Point blank: It won’t hit home for some until we lose someone that shocks us. Like I’m talking someone who goes and starts for a major program and ends up on the NFL draft stage on night 1 with another school’s name next to his.

Brent’s team worked wonders last year to keep the main guys in the fold. Every dollar counts. I’m signing up for a monthly donation today.

I don't mean to scare anyone but Jeremiah Cooper and Ben Brahmer are probably going to be getting offers in the next 6 weeks similar to what TJ Tampa saw last offseason. To be honest, it's probably already happening behind the scenes.

We have a lot more players to retain this offseason. Plus, we want to be able to be competitive with transfers Campbell wants to bring in.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I don't mean to scare anyone but Jeremiah Cooper and Ben Brahmer are probably going to be getting offers in the next 6 weeks similar to what TJ Tampa saw last offseason. To be honest, it's probably already happening behind the scenes.

We have a lot more players to retain this offseason. Plus, we want to be able to be competitive with transfers Campbell wants to bring in.

Why stop there? Rocco, Sama, Hansen, the young D-lineman, Verdon. Then you have to worry about the JR's like Freyler, Purchase, and Noel who might be close to graduating.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Can the monthly donations be set up EFT? Or do we mail it in every month?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
How many donors to the $200/400K fall drive were one/first time? Is WWC planning to try cultivating those further.

I was a first time donor for that and haven’t really seen any follow up (yet) beyond the certificate.

Reactions: Zyklon

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
@brentblum does the collective help connect athletes with branding/marketing opportunities? I will admit I have a very poor opinion of giving athletes money in connection with having them go out and do charity appearances. Stuff like the Pork Producers stint is exactly what NIL should allow.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyched

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Hey all,

Have seen some questions about where We Will stands on a couple of different topics as it relates to our peers. Note that it is very difficult to find exact data on these because collectives aren't obligated to share info and most won't for competitive reasons, but based on what I can tell this is where things stand.

The largest collectives have an annual budget of $10M plus. We aren't anywhere near that at the moment. We are staying afloat for now, but need everyone's help to compete with our peers who are at the $4-6M level, which is where the majority of the Big 12 lives. We don't have a huge marketing budget because we want to use as many resources as possible for the Cyclones, so word of mouth is the single best way to share. We have 800 monthly contributors as of this second giving $10 or more per month. I really would love to get that number to 2,000 by the time the portal opens. We will need it. Please tell your Cyclone colleagues and friends. You may not think the beer, coffee, golf balls, merch and everything else adds up, but it really does to make Iowa State competitive. Go to www.wewillcollective.com to learn more and if you have individual questions reach out at [email protected]. Thanks all!

-Brent
We need an honest, grassroots effort for this fanbase and we need to get clever to incentivize donations. We have thousands of very passionate fans, but most fans don't have deep pockets right now to donate without getting something in return.

The Beer and Coffee was a great idea. The fanbase doesn't view it as an inconvenience or a chore for the collective. It's a change in habit, but we feel it is a fair trade (because the beer is good).

Some ideas:

1. Charters. Something to try would be to put together charters and weekend trips for the away football and basketball games. I'm all for a great experience and if the hard work is done for me, I'll gladly pay for it.

2. Capitalize on wins. The vibes were HIGH after the Cincinnati game. That is the perfect time to rake in cash, when people feel good about themselves and when they want to keep the good times rolling. Get a high profile donor to match like after the Baylor basketball game; giving fans a limited time and a goal will force them to donate.

3. Wing Stop. Partner with Seneca Wallace's Wing Stops with proceeds going to the collective.

4. Focus on what we can accomplish, not what others are doing. We get it; We aren't Texas A&M. Some fans have felt discouraged from donating because "What's the point? We'll never be them so why even try."

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
We need an honest, grassroots effort for this fanbase and we need to get clever to incentivize donations. We have thousands of very passionate fans, but most fans don't have deep pockets right now to donate without getting something in return.

The Beer and Coffee was a great idea. The fanbase doesn't view it as an inconvenience or a chore for the collective. It's a change in habit, but we feel it is a fair trade (because the beer is good).

Some ideas:

1. Charters. Something to try would be to put together charters and weekend trips for the away football and basketball games. I'm all for a great experience and if the hard work is done for me, I'll gladly pay for it.

2. Capitalize on wins. The vibes were HIGH after the Cincinnati game. That is the perfect time to rake in cash, when people feel good about themselves and when they want to keep the good times rolling. Get a high profile donor to match like after the Baylor basketball game; giving fans a limited time and a goal will force them to donate.

3. Wing Stop. Partner with Seneca Wallace's Wing Stops with proceeds going to the collective.

4. Focus on what we can accomplish, not what others are doing. We get it; We aren't Texas A&M. Some fans have felt discouraged from donating because "What's the point? We'll never be them so why even try."

Incentives cost money. Money that would then not be available for the athletes.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
What do you mean?
Those incentives cut into the bottom line to pay the athletes we want to keep/get. I know where you are coming from but the goal for all of us I think would be as much as every dollar possible to go from us to the athletes not goodies and such.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Those incentives cut into the bottom line to pay the athletes we want to keep/get. I know where you are coming from but the goal for all of us I think would be as much as every dollar possible to go from us to the athletes not goodies and such.
Is the beer not making money for the players?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron