Welch bar bathrooms

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I was there 92-97. I haven't been back to Campustown much since about 2004.

I think, without a doubt...and I mean it isn't even close...Lumpy's had the worst bathroom in that area. No...it wasn't technically on "welch" but near enough. Another not technically on welch, but was disgusting, Dean's List back in the day.

Edit: mramseyISU...good call on the Dean's List. You beat me to it by seconds...

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Cy's was always the worst when I was there '99-'03.

As an aside, is Copyworks still the spot for taking a bartime dump?

Cybball37

Dec 11, 2015
Central Iowa

I think, without a doubt...and I mean it isn't even close...Lumpy's had the worst bathroom in that area. No...it wasn't technically on "welch" but near enough. Another not technically on welch, but was disgusting, Dean's List back in the day.

Edit: mramseyISU...good call on the Dean's List. You beat me to it by seconds...

89-94 here. I second Lumpys. For those not at ISU during that reign of terror, that place was a bio-hazard. I'm sure the new building there now (believe CVS) still is suffering from smells and contaminants. For quite a while, there was a bathtub in the back room for a "urinal". The other bathroom was covered floor to ceiling most nights with every type of bodily fluid imaginable. Good times! :)

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
89-94 here. I second Lumpys. For those not at ISU during that reign of terror, that place was a bio-hazard. I'm sure the new building there now (believe CVS) still is suffering from smells and contaminants. For quite a while, there was a bathtub in the back room for a "urinal". The other bathroom was covered floor to ceiling most nights with every type of bodily fluid imaginable. Good times! :)

That corner not being a bar is truly a travesty.

Hey! Welcome to campus's entertainment district! Here is a Copyworks and CVS!

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
What was the place next to Cafe B on Lincoln Way that used to have karaoke circa 2009? Whatever that place was. I took one there and was ridiculed, but I couldn't have cared less. Public bathrooms don't really get to me, and it was an emergency.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Has anyone ever been so loaded at a cyclone game where they walked in the old bathrooms with the old circular sinks with the foot control for handwashing and whipped it out and almost took a leak in it. This guy did almost once....almost. That was awkward. These millenials just don't know the joys of trough pissing. The stage fright, the communal bonding, etc.....
I had a buddy take a deuce in Welch Ave. Station once.....at like 12 pm during prime time. It was bizarre. "Hey John, how you doing?".
I always marvel at the concern for private places to pee.......

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
More than once I had buddys pee in pitchers of beer and then leave them on the table. Not cool in retrospect....pretty funny at the time though.

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013

I still have my Dean's list mugs. We use one of them to give my 2 year old a bath.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoomerClone

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Cy's was always the worst when I was there '99-'03.

As an aside, is Copyworks still the spot for taking a bartime dump?

My go-to was Subway.

What was the place next to Cafe B on Lincoln Way that used to have karaoke circa 2009? Whatever that place was. I took one there and was ridiculed, but I couldn't have cared less. Public bathrooms don't really get to me, and it was an emergency.

Bali Satay? The Asian owner spoke decent English until it was time to pay the band...

• Funny
Reactions: SolarGarlic

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Which was the worst, and did you ever deuce in any of them? Welch ave station wasn't that dirty, but there is no door on the stall which would make that task bad. Cy's always seemed like there was a quarter inch of urine on the floor every time I went down there. Mickeys and Paddys were pretty bad, but I think Sips had the worst during my college days.

I was never brave enough to brown in any of them. If I was in a situation where I had to, Subway on Welch was my go to.
knew a kid who got paid 20 bucks to **** in the Mickey's bathroom. The bouncer came in mid-deuce and threw him out, luckily he let him pinch it off first.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
I think the basement batroom in Cy's take the cake. That thing was horrible. However, the bathroom in the basement of the old Whisky River was by far the worst in Ames.

I did it for free once. I wish I would have been friends with you guys.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
My go-to was Subway.

Bali Satay? The Asian owner spoke decent English until it was time to pay the band...

Haha no, on the other side of Welch on Lincoln Way. My roommate was a bartender at Bali satay. Iwan was the owner. He was notorious for not paying the bands. He got some decent acts there for how bad of a setup it was.

The place I'm referring to eventually turned into one iteration of AJs. It was to the west of Cafe B.

• Informative
Reactions: CYCLNST8