Welch bar bathrooms

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
A few more memories that have come rushing back after visions of Brook Burke:

There was someplace downtown that had any coin/any well occasionally. That didn't end well most nights for someone in our group. I think it was above The Corner Pocket.

Pokie Sticks are good when drunk.

3 medium Dominoes Pizza's were $9.99 on Sundays if you lived in the dorm. They raised it to $10.99 eventually.

Watching South Park on Wednesday nights at Welch Ave Station.

I dare you to order a shot called "concentrated evil" at Welch Ave Station.

Old Battle's BBQ was so underrated.

If you have Rolling Rock in cans, you can put them in a coozy and drink them in class as they look like Mt. Dew cans. I took and Organic Chem final 332 with some of that liquid helper one time. Good choices my friends...good choices.

Reactions: MSPClone210

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
A few more memories that have come rushing back after visions of Brook Burke:

There was someplace downtown that had any coin/any well occasionally. That didn't end well most nights for someone in our group. I think it was above The Corner Pocket.

Pokie Sticks are good when drunk.

3 medium Dominoes Pizza's were $9.99 on Sundays if you lived in the dorm. They raised it to $10.99 eventually.

Watching South Park on Wednesday nights at Welch Ave Station.

I dare you to order a shot called "concentrated evil" at Welch Ave Station.

Old Battle's BBQ was so underrated.

If you have Rolling Rock in cans, you can put them in a coozy and drink them in class as they look like Mt. Dew cans. I took and Organic Chem final 332 with some of that liquid helper one time. Good choices my friends...good choices.

Most of my Friday classes during freshman year were enhanced in one form or another.

Reactions: nocsious3

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
Which was the worst, and did you ever deuce in any of them? Welch ave station wasn't that dirty, but there is no door on the stall which would make that task bad. Cy's always seemed like there was a quarter inch of urine on the floor every time I went down there. Mickeys and Paddys were pretty bad, but I think Sips had the worst during my college days.

I was never brave enough to brown in any of them. If I was in a situation where I had to, Subway on Welch was my go to.

So that's where you were always disappearing to....

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Ha! I dropped a deuce in Welch once. Thanksfully I timed it fairly well and nobody came in. The worst when I was there was by far Sips. Jesus, that place was bad.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO

I believe that place was called The Zone? My brother told me a lot of stories about those any coin any drink nights.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
When I was in college I did all my non-pee related bathroom activities in the alleys of Welch Ave. (Yes that means exactly what you're thinking)

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Lumpys had a hole in the door, knats flying and who knows what dripping on you from People's above you. Best bar in Ames

You used the bathroom in Lumpy's? A lot of the guys I knew would just go piss on the wall by the pool table. No joke.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This thread is great.
Worst Ames bathrooms I can remember.
Lumpys
The Fox II Lounge
Mojazz
Zone
Mickeys

I would duece at Thumbs, Tip Top, Old Whiskey River, Hunky Dorys before any of those.

I was in high school and got into Deans List. Saw someone pissing thru the open staircase treads that led to basement. That opened up my eyes about college life.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
This thread is great.
Worst Ames bathrooms I can remember.
Lumpys
The Fox II Lounge
Mojazz
Zone
Mickeys

I would duece at Thumbs, Tip Top, Old Whiskey River, Hunky Dorys before any of those.

I was in high school and got into Deans List. Saw someone pissing thru the open staircase treads that led to basement. That opened up my eyes about college life.
I forgot how bad the fox was. I was there with a party bus shortly before it closed and I couldn't even take a leak in there it smelled so bad.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I forgot how bad the fox was. I was there with a party bus shortly before it closed and I couldn't even take a leak in there it smelled so bad.
Probably from whatever awful beer was the 3 pitchers for 6 bucks deal.

Oct 12, 2016
Haha no, on the other side of Welch on Lincoln Way. My roommate was a bartender at Bali satay. Iwan was the owner. He was notorious for not paying the bands. He got some decent acts there for how bad of a setup it was.

The place I'm referring to eventually turned into one iteration of AJs. It was to the west of Cafe B.

Capones?

• Winner
Reactions: SolarGarlic

MSPClone210

Jul 8, 2013
Minneapolis
Deuce related, worst had to be the upstairs bathroom in Outlaws. Years back I had a buddy in a panic **** there post game...no stall door and everyone walking the back stairway could also look in. Believe it was also open to people at the bar.

Safe to say he was catching some serious heat.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Which was the worst, and did you ever deuce in any of them? Welch ave station wasn't that dirty, but there is no door on the stall which would make that task bad. Cy's always seemed like there was a quarter inch of urine on the floor every time I went down there. Mickeys and Paddys were pretty bad, but I think Sips had the worst during my college days.

I was never brave enough to brown in any of them. If I was in a situation where I had to, Subway on Welch was my go to.

I can't believe I've missed this thread until now, but the Sips bathroom is like walking into one of the Saw movies. It doesn't help that both of the doors hang wide open most of the time allowing anyone to see what's going on inside. Side note: One of my buddies got kicked out of AJ's one time for using the sink as a urinal. Still not sure why considering that was probably pretty low on the list of disgusting things that happened in that bathroom that night.

Help Support Us

Become a patron