Alert: *** Welcome to the new Cyclone Fanatic ***

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Just thought I'd chime in...things looking a lot better spacing-wise guys.

Great job eliminating the dead space from end of posts to sig lines. I know it's a long process. Coming along nicely.

Only other thought I had was maybe making the post background color something other than white...maybe a little shading there...or maybe the reverse, making the background/margin outside of the whole thread "box" something other than the exact same white that is the bkg for posts? Might make the thread jump off the page a bit more?

Though sometimes things like that look better in my head than in practice from my experience with the weather graphics.

Good work guys.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I worked most of the afternoon on tweaking small things with most of that time revolving around all the CSS driving spacing, borders, etc, as well as getting the mobile style working on the forums.

Reactions: cyclone87

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
A few updates to wrap up the day...

1. Fonts updates throughout - most notable will be the size of the username.
  2. Condensed spacing, edited almost all css attributes to have the site flow better.
  3. CyBookie recoded - mods are currently testing.
  4. Several site performance enhancements, fewer queries per page, etc.
  5. Spoiler tag added - You will now see an icon with a red S in it when viewing the "Advanced" text entry form throughout the site. Demo below.
  6. Reworked the mobile version of the site (web view, not the apps). While not perfect, it should serve as a short-term solution while the long-term strategy is implemented.

I would hope to see a lot of thank you messages to Chris Williams for moving the ads around based on user feedback.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
A few updates to wrap up the day...

1. Fonts updates throughout - most notable will be the size of the username.
  2. Condensed spacing, edited almost all css attributes to have the site flow better.
  3. CyBookie recoded - mods are currently testing.
  4. Several site performance enhancements, fewer queries per page, etc.
  5. Spoiler tag added - You will now see an icon with a red S in it when viewing the "Advanced" text entry form throughout the site. Demo below.
  6. Reworked the mobile version of the site (web view, not the apps). While not perfect, it should serve as a short-term solution while the long-term strategy is implemented.

I would hope to see a lot of thank you messages to Chris Williams for moving the ads around based on user feedback.

Nice changes! You my friend, are a coding guru!!

Last edited:

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Jeremy you're the man! Glad to see your name back on the site if only for a little while.

Just curious if there's a page for the mobile version that mirrors the main Forums page, showing the most recently updated threads? I can't seem to find one if there is.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Jeremy you're the man! Glad to see your name back on the site if only for a little while.

Just curious if there's a page for the mobile version that mirrors the main Forums page, showing the most recently updated threads? I can't seem to find one if there is.

That is an item on the to-do list but no release date yet. I will certainly be trying to get to it in the near future.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Oh thank god, Erik's still under the impression that I haven't found where he lives.

Help Support Us

Become a patron