What’s In the Bag? ***GOLF EQUIPMENT THREAD***

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Anyone mess around with a 5 and 7 wood? I have a gap between my 5 iron and 3 hybrid I need to fill this year and I was thinking of getting those instead of the higher irons.
I had a 2 hybrid I was struggling with so switched to a TM Stealth 5 wood. Has helped a lot. I've also been slowly switching my shafts out for regular flex (from stiff) as my age and some shoulder issues have limited my swing speed. That's helping a lot too.

• Informative
Reactions: Bigman38

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
I got the exact same irons over the winter but have yet to get out and hit them yet cause I'm pretty awful on a simulator. I'm not great as is but it seems to get amplified on the simulator. Thoughts so far?
I've only played one round, but I like them. The ball feels nice coming off the club. I struggled for the first couple holes, but they are very different than the clubs I had been playing for 20 years. Just took a bit to get used to them.

Reactions: cyfanatic13

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
Does anyone have a LAB putter? I've tried them out and I predict I'll get one before the end of the season.
Let me know what you think after you get one. I played with one at the store the other day and was intrigued. I've had the same putter since I was 15 and love it. I haven't gotten a new one because straight center shafts aren't readily available, but that's all they have.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
My bag:

Driver- Ping G430 Max
3 wood- Ping G425 max
Utility iron - Ping icrossover
4-PW - Ping i230
Gap/SW/LW - Callaway Jaws Raw
Putter- L.A.B. Mezz 1

Obviously I’m a big fan of Ping. They have consistently had very forgiving drivers and I have played them for a while. I got fitted for irons last year and wasn’t even considering the i230s. The fitter suggested them after I tried a few other brands. I was hooked after basically one swing. Great irons for me. Been thinking about swapping the utility for a hybrid but I haven’t found the right one. For whatever reason I haven’t found a hybrid that sets up well to my eyes and I have always felt way more comfortable with a super teched-out 2/3 iron instead of a hybrid.

As for the putter- it’s the most money I’ve ever spent on a putter by a long ways and it was worth every dime. My putts are almost always on line and I can get the ball rolling end over end without even trying. It kind of feels like a cheat code. It takes a minute to get used to it, but once you do it will be hard to go back to anything else.
The Ping crossover's are gold. I have a 3 Gl420 that I can bomb 240+ on a good day.

Reactions: trevn

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Anyone mess around with a 5 and 7 wood? I have a gap between my 5 iron and 3 hybrid I need to fill this year and I was thinking of getting those instead of the higher irons.
I have a 5 wood to go with my 4 hybrid. I prefer the 5 wood. It's easier to get in the air for me and goes further.

I dream of finding a sweet deal on a heaven wood.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I've been looking to replace my 3 and 5 woods. ****'s has some demo woods for around $200. Anyone done this before? Some were still wrapped also. Worth it or spend some extra for brand new?

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Got the Calloway ParadymX 6-PW and a 5 hybrid last year. Best clubs I’ve ever used, extremely forgiving and feel great when you swing them. Highly recommend.