What’s In the Bag? ***GOLF EQUIPMENT THREAD***

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
Working on turning the garage into a cheap simulator - just somthing to keep swinging through the winter w/ a little feed back. Have the net and a 5' grass pad. Probably going to go w/ the Garmin R10 launch monitor and bluetooth my phone/ipad to a tv. Anybody use an R10 and have any feedback?

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Working on turning the garage into a cheap simulator - just somthing to keep swinging through the winter w/ a little feed back. Have the net and a 5' grass pad. Probably going to go w/ the Garmin R10 launch monitor and bluetooth my phone/ipad to a tv. Anybody use an R10 and have any feedback?
Make sure your grass pad isnt too hard. I wrenched my wrist on a pad that sat on cement.

DevilDog

Apr 9, 2006
Janesville
Use the Bushnell Phantom. Just sold my Taylormade M6 & got a Callaway EpicMax absolutely crushing it in the fairway.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Make sure your grass pad isnt too hard. I wrenched my wrist on a pad that sat on cement.
Yeah, I played in a simulator league over the winter, and my elbows still haven't recovered. Part of it is that I swing down on the ball more than average, but the drag you get at impact is definitely higher than what you experience going through grass.

• Agree
Reactions: Kinch

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Yeah…I went with a split set. 4-6 are the ZX5’s (standard grips). 7-PW are the ZX7’s (midsize grips).

I was on the fence with the 6iron.

BTW…saw you carry a 2 iron. That’s awesome. I threw my 3 iron out years ago, much less a 2 iron. I have a buddy who has a 2 iron and an 80 degree wedge in his bag. No joke. It’s honestly hilarious, but can effectively use both, so impressive as well.
Well…the shaft in my ZX5, 6iron snapped in half yesterday. Normal swing, normal divot and it snapped right in the middle. Nippon NSPro Modus3 120, stiff.

Never seen anything like it.

Was going to reshaft, but I was in the fence with that one anyway, so decided to just order a ZX7 instead.

• Sad
Reactions: Cyclonepride

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Anyone tried G Fore shoes? I had to retire my Nikes and ended up with some G/Fore MG4+ that were 65 bucks off at golf galaxy. The dude working there kinda talked me into them. It was between those and the footjoy hyperflex. I have never heard of them but their cheapest shoe regular price looks to be like 225.

I had my Nikes for 10+ years and the sole finally separated. I hope these last awhile.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Anyone tried G Fore shoes? I had to retire my Nikes and ended up with some G/Fore MG4+ that were 65 bucks off at golf galaxy. The dude working there kinda talked me into them. It was between those and the footjoy hyperflex. I have never heard of them but their cheapest shoe regular price looks to be like 225.

I had my Nikes for 10+ years and the sole finally separated. I hope these last awhile.
I usually just go with a lower end footjoy. The tennis shoe style are the most comfortable for me though the “spikeless” traction only lasts a few seasons.

I have wondered about G Fore but can’t bring myself to accept the price tag.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I usually just go with a lower end footjoy. The tennis shoe style are the most comfortable for me.

I got the Footjoy Hyperflex as a gift but they were a size big. Tennis shoe style and super comfortable but not exactly cheap (~$170). I also read they stained easily which isn’t good for as long as I hold on to them. Golf Galaxy had these G Fores for 160 because he said they’re last year’s color. The exact shoes in like 5 other colors were 225.

Reactions: TheJackWePack5

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
First I've seen this thread pop up. Since I just got new clubs a week ago for the first time in 22 years I figured I would contribute. Went and got fitted for the first time ever.

PXG Gen5 Driver
PXG Gen6 5 wood
4-P Titleist T350s
50, 56, 60 degrees PXG Sugar Daddy II
Putter - same one for 22 years STX center straight shaft.

I love my putter, can't get myself to try something new.

Played them for the first time today, unfortunately the weather wasn't great here in Phoenix, but fun none the less. Hit the irons and wedges great, kept topping the woods. Time to hit the range.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I usually just go with a lower end footjoy. The tennis shoe style are the most comfortable for me though the “spikeless” traction only lasts a few seasons.

Just saw the added part about the spikeless traction. I’ve always used replaceable spikes and was concerned about longevity with that too. My concern is that now I’m at 6’6’’ and 330 lbs instead of 230 lbs and I find myself leaving divots in the green when I walk. I assume they rebound but I have no idea if it ***** other people up. It was a big factor in the shoes that I picked.

I grew up golfing with a dad that hated that **** and I had to be a “gentlemen” on the course. Repair and replace, fill your divots, shut the **** up and for the love of god do not spit sunflower seeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Still have my 1991 Spaulding Executives that I bought for hs graduation. Needless to say, i dont golf much.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
First I've seen this thread pop up. Since I just got new clubs a week ago for the first time in 22 years I figured I would contribute. Went and got fitted for the first time ever.

PXG Gen5 Driver
PXG Gen6 5 wood
4-P Titleist T350s
50, 56, 60 degrees PXG Sugar Daddy II
Putter - same one for 22 years STX center straight shaft.

I love my putter, can't get myself to try something new.

Played them for the first time today, unfortunately the weather wasn't great here in Phoenix, but fun none the less. Hit the irons and wedges great, kept topping the woods. Time to hit the range.
Dare I ask how much $$$ you shelled out for that setup???

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
Dare I ask how much $$$ you shelled out for that setup???
It wasn't terrible. The only thing that was expensive were the wedges. The Driver was on sale because they just released the Gen6, but I hit the Gen5 better. The 5 wood actually ended up being more expensive than the driver due to the sale. Spent about 3k total, and the wedges were 1/3 of that.

I was ok with spending more on the wedges because it's the best part of my game, and I would like to keep it that way. I've been a Vokey man for years, but for me these are much better. I would say the only PXGs that are actually worth the money are the wedges. I only got the woods because of the sale, and I liked their fitting process. If it wasn't for the sale I would have more than likely ended up with a TaylorMade or Titleist woods.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1100011CS

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Just saw the added part about the spikeless traction. I’ve always used replaceable spikes and was concerned about longevity with that too. My concern is that now I’m at 6’6’’ and 330 lbs instead of 230 lbs and I find myself leaving divots in the green when I walk. I assume they rebound but I have no idea if it ***** other people up. It was a big factor in the shoes that I picked.

I grew up golfing with a dad that hated that **** and I had to be a “gentlemen” on the course. Repair and replace, fill your divots, shut the **** up and for the love of god do not spit sunflower seeds.
Gotta respect the game right?!

My dad was the same exact way.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Does anyone have a LAB putter? I've tried them out and I predict I'll get one before the end of the season.