What chance does shonn greene have at the heisman?

LeBron

Nov 12, 2008
I'd say very little because of the competition and the fact that iowa has lost 4 games.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Don't know...really don't care.

But that guy is simply a beast. The long run was certainly a great one too.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I think even Iowa fans concede that he will not win the Heisman. I hope he does get invited though. Hearing that a candidate is from the state of Iowa is a good thing for future recruits down in Texas/Florida to hear. Right now they don't know the difference between Iowa and Iowa State.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
He'll be lucky to be invited, I see Tebow, McCoy, Bradford, and Harrell as almost certainly being penciled in, with Crabtree there as well if they invite 5 this year.

I do see Greene leaving for the money after this year though, and cashing in quite well.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Top 5 Heisman for 2008:

(in no particular order)

Tim Tebow
Colt McCoy
Michael Crabtee
Grahm Harrell
Sam Bradford

Maclin or Daniel may sneak in though

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Top 5 Heisman for 2008:

(in no particular order)

Tim Tebow
Colt McCoy
Michael Crabtee
Grahm Harrell
Sam Bradford

Maclin or Daniel may sneak in though

This guy knows what up. There is no way that Greene is even invited, much less gets any votes. If he does, whoever votes for him should get their vote taken away because they obviously don't watch anything other than Big 10 games...

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
This guy knows what up. There is no way that Greene is even invited, much less gets any votes. If he does, whoever votes for him should get their vote taken away because they obviously don't watch anything other than Big 10 games...

Are you serious right now?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Won't even make the top 10 in consideration. He's good but their team isn't in the Top 25, hasn't played a very difficult schedule and there are far better players around the country.

Think of it this way - his accomplishments are half of what Troy Davis' were and Davis didn't win it at a time when a lot of people would agree the choices weren't nearly as numerous as they are this year.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yes, 100%. Do you really think that Greene deserves the heisman more than any of these guys:

McCoy
Tebow
Daniels
Crabtree
Harrell
Bradford

C'mon, remove head from sphincter - then post.

Greene has certainly been good. But his production doesn't come close to a number of the QBs/WRs out there this year.

Didn't ever say he deserved the Heisman. Didn't say he'll be even close to winning it. But saying that he doesn't even deserve consideration to be sent to New York, or that anybody who votes for him is stupid, is well, a stupid comment.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Didn't ever say he deserved the Heisman. Didn't say he'll be even close to winning it. But saying that he doesn't even deserve consideration to be sent to New York, or that anybody who votes for him is stupid, is well, a stupid comment.

Howso? He's absolutely no higher than 7th or 8th and that's maybe stretching it. A pretty solid year for individual performances in CFB.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL

I don't recall calling anyone stupid...

Also, he doesn't deserve consideration because the most I have every seen/heard of being invited is 5 and he isn't in the top 5 and it isn't even close. He has had a good season and if this was a different year without so many awesome QBs / WRs he might get an invite but not this year. Sorry it isn't what you want to hear but it's the truth...

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Howso? He's absolutely no higher than 7th or 8th and that's maybe stretching it. A pretty solid year for individual performances in CFB.

I dunno, he leads the nation in rushing, has 15 rushing touchdowns, and has a pretty impressive highlight real. Again, I'm not saying he'll be invited to New York, but it's not "pushing" it to say it's a possibility, or that he at least deserves to be in the discussion.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika

I'll back you on this. I think he deserves to be the top 10. Aren't they inviting 10 this year?

He's the sole reason I think Iowa won against Iowa State, Penn State and Purdue. I didn't follow any other games so I don't know what he did to win those games there. I think he's a great running back even despite him being a Hawk.