What's streaming that's good TV/movies

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Episode 2 was somewhat better. Think I've figured out what was bugging me on the cinematography other than the overall gloominess and cheap look. Maybe the "gloomy" was part of the pilots first impression of a "backward" country but the whole thing looked like it was filmed for viewing on an iPhone or back of seat screen on a 757. Has a very cheap look for all of the hype.

I honestly don't feel this way at all. I think the acting, the intrigue, the world building, all of political machinations, etc I think drives the show but I think the show looks lived in and great. Some of the overheard shots of the cities are a little CGIish but this still looks great to me.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Just watched 'The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping' on Netflix. Really good, disturbing look at the troubled teen moneymaking industry, but still really good. One of these "schools" being featured had been operating out of Keokuk.

Definitely recommend.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparkplug

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just watched 'The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping' on Netflix. Really good, disturbing look at the troubled teen moneymaking industry, but still really good. One of these "schools" being featured had been operating out of Keokuk.

Definitely recommend.

I haven't watched yet, but I love Netflix documentaries. Always well done, typically the right length for the topic, and usually give multiple viewpoints.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just watched The Signal on Netflix. Really well done with great twist in the last minutes.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Anyone watch the 2nd Rebel Moon? Not sure why I did but I did. It certainly wasn't good but I at least enjoyed it better than the 1st. Mostly because the second half just leaned into being a straight action flick. Like the first movie it looks fantastic but there is still a lot of "WTF is this plot" and crappy dialogue. Also, I think Snyder would make a whole movie in slow motion if he could lol

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Anyone watch the 2nd Rebel Moon? Not sure why I did but I did. It certainly wasn't good but I at least enjoyed it better than the 1st. Mostly because the second half just leaned into being a straight action flick. Like the first movie it looks fantastic but there is still a lot of "WTF is this plot" and crappy dialogue. Also, I think Snyder would make a whole movie in slow motion if he could lol

I'll likely watch it. I am always testing my mantra that "Mediocre sci-fi is better than no sci-fi at all".

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Enjoying Fallout but have no ******* idea what's happening with Vault 33 versus Vault 31 versus Vault 4. Two more episodes to wrap the season for me and hoping for some sort of clarity. Probably unlikely with so many loose ends.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The ending of Shogun is not going to please some people lol. I went from not liking it to actually liking it over the course of a day but my initial reaction was not great.

I actually compare it to the battle in The Hobbit. How it was portrayed in the book vs the movie series. The way you assume would be better and assume you’ll see isn’t necessarily better.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Enjoying Fallout but have no ******* idea what's happening with Vault 33 versus Vault 31 versus Vault 4. Two more episodes to wrap the season for me and hoping for some sort of clarity. Probably unlikely with so many loose ends.
You will get more clarity on that!