Where did the wrestlers that left end up?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Colston DiBlasi is at George Mason.
Jake Allar is at Minnesota
Ethan Smith is at Ohio State
Jarod Verkleeren is at Penn State
Dante Rodriquez is at Northern Colorado
Kanen Storr is at Michigan
Gavin Dewitt is a Maryville????

Where did Markus Simmons end up?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
DuUMUU9WkAcLEuy.jpg

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Colston DiBlasi is at George Mason.
Jake Allar is at Minnesota
Ethan Smith is at Ohio State
Jarod Verkleeren is at Penn State
Dante Rodriquez is at Northern Colorado
Kanen Storr is at Michigan
Gavin Dewitt is a Maryville????

Where did Markus Simmons end up?

I think the biggest loss here will end up being Ethan Smith. He is going to be a stud.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am guessing he just finished school. I use to talk to his dad every now & then. Logan’s mom knitted my grandson a couple stocking caps For free. They are nice people!

They from your area? Didn't know where he was from.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
Verleeken is tough but he’s going to be challenged to crack that line up. Allars has some struggles with injury early. I’m surprised he’s not the starter at MN this year. I agree on Smith. He will be a good one.

Another kid we lost was Maldonado (sp?). I’ve seen his name in some open tournaments for OU.

• Agree

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Verleeken is tough but he’s going to be challenged to crack that line up. Allars has some struggles with injury early. I’m surprised he’s not the starter at MN this year. I agree on Smith. He will be a good one.

Another kid we lost was Maldonado (sp?). I’ve seen his name in some open tournaments for OU.

Mantanona? He’s a 174 at Oklahoma. Coleman took his place, think we came out on top there.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

I think Allar will be good if he stays healthy. 165, I think

• Agree

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Nathan Boston is still at Campbell. I was wondering about Simmons. You'd think he'd find a home if he's still wresting.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Pretty amazing that we've lost all that talent, and we're still heads and shoulders better than what Jackson was putting on the mat, and in only a few years time.

I still wish we could have kept Storr, but that's about the only one.

Was Verkleeren ever really a Cyclone? Did he ever sign anything?

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Pretty amazing that we've lost all that talent, and we're still heads and shoulders better than what Jackson was putting on the mat, and in only a few years time.

I still wish we could have kept Storr, but that's about the only one.

Was Verkleeren ever really a Cyclone? Did he ever sign anything?

Yes, he signed along with Allar and Ethan Smith. Gomez, Coleman, and Leisure also in that class. Have to give KJ credit for bringing that class together, and have to give Dresser credit for keeping the last three here in Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron