Where Will ISU End Up if the Big 12 Implodes?

Where Will ISU End Up If the Big 12 Implodes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Does anyone really think we'll get into the B1G? I'm skeptical just based on the equal money distribution. I don't think we would add a ton of value and it would be just cutting more slices of the pie. I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

You have to take into consideration that the next B1G TV deal will have more inventory and will be huge. People are selling Iowa State short just on name alone but there is certainly a lot of value there.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
3fcfd1c7c829dc3b271289b119c1ec2b.gif

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’ll miss the old Big 8 peers that are in the same boat. KSU, KU and OSU. Assuming we don’t go with them.

**** OU and UT

Indifferent to Tech and TCU

Baylor = laffy

I personally feel kinda sorry for Texas Tech. First, UT poaches their successful basketball coach and some players, then they dip for the SEC, leaving Tech with an either PAC-12 or mid tier G5 conference...

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
jesus, why is a Texas media worrying about this?
"We may be crying like a little ***** and wanting to move to another conference to get our "look at me, look at me" attention and a few $$$$$ along the way, but let's make it look like we want the best for those OTHER schools once the Big 12 vaporizes like a fine mist into the sky. You know, because we care..."

Reactions: cyclonehomer

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
If it's anything but the BIG or Pacific and Central we should just go independent. Play BYU, Notre Dame and Army every year to start.

• Dumb
Reactions: jdoggivjc

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
If it's anything but the BIG or Pacific and Central we should just go independent. Play BYU, Notre Dame and Army every year to start.

We could play the Aggies again! Maybe get a rivalry going?

Just would be the New Mexico State version.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You have to take into consideration that the next B1G TV deal will have more inventory and will be huge. People are selling Iowa State short just on name alone but there is certainly a lot of value there.

In 2016, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard made this prescient statement: "The Big 12 exists because we have Texas and Oklahoma in the room. If we take Texas and Oklahoma out of the room, we're the Mountain West Conference."

Those words hit like a sledgehammer today. As the SEC shocked the world by preparing to assume the 'Horns and Sooners, the Big 12 lost 50% to 75% of its value, several industry sources tell CBS Sports. Their TV contracts with ESPN and Fox contain language that allows the Big 12 networks to reduce payouts if there is a loss of membership.

"When you're losing two of the most visible programs, the network has the right to come and say, 'We're going to reduce the rights by X.'" one longtime, high-profile administrator said.

There is value. There isn't enough to justify anything without some sort of increased inventory for conferences thing.

Help Support Us

Become a patron