Which fan group feels better about their team right now?

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Iowa is 6-1 and should win the West and head to Indy again. On paper, that certainly should mean their fans would feel better than a team that's 4-3. But, I have many Iowa fans that are flat out annoyed. They know Iowa is fraudulent.
If Iowa makes it to the CCG, take the points. Take all the points

• Haha
Reactions: Cyrocks

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
He's built like me, and that's not a compliment! I'm a 40-yr old, cube dwelling, father of 2.
How good can you throw, and do you still have eligibility? Clearly you have all the abilities necessary of an NCAA QB lol

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Oh I agree and that's what I'm saying. I don't think that any Iowa fan thinks they're that good. What I was saying earlier, and these are my own friends so obviously there are different opinions, but they are not excited that Iowa is 6-1 and believe it's a joke.
At any rate, I’m fairly convinced they’ll drop one of the last 3 games. They’re going to need a somewhat functional passing game in one those and I don’t see that happening.

Reactions: exCYtable

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Iowa fans. Sure their offense sucks, but they take care of the ball and win.

They beat their in state rival...again.

They've got one conference loss and are probably headed to the conference championship game...again.

They'll probably win 10 games...again.

And they didn't lose to Ohio.
And after all that, I STILL would rather be a Cyclone fan.

Call me crazy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If I bet the house on that game, and knowing Iowa like I do, they will either cover or win it just piss me off

I actually thought Iowa as a 10 point underdog was the easiest bet of the year against Wisconsin. Just really easy money, I still can't figure out why it wasn't close to a pick 'em.

The game and score was exactly what I thought and almost 20 points off the spread. I'd have picked Iowa by 3-13 points even knowing they were a 10 point dog. Wisconsin's defense isn't as good as Iowa's and their offense is a passing offense that's not good at passing.

Iowa's history in the title game against Mich/OSU/PSU says to bet the other way though when that happens. If they were 10 point dogs to Wisc that I thought they looked clearly better than before and after the game, how big of an underdog would they be against an actual good team in B10CCG? Even if they were a 20 point dog vs those teams, how could you bet on them given past history or even looking at something like the Rose Bowl too.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyrocks

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was at a tailgate event last weekend that was scheduled when both Iowa and Iowa State had road games so that fans of both teams we knew could attend. So after the ISU game the Iowa game was on the screen. That was one of the most painful games I have ever watched. It seemed neither team could do anything. I kept asking my buddy if my eyes were bleeding. It sure felt like it. It didn't seem like it was just good defense, either. Both offenses looked inept, not overmatched.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
This weekend's game against the Gophers will be truly unwatchable. Over/under should be about 13.

Reactions: exCYtable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
At any rate, I’m fairly convinced they’ll drop one of the last 3 games. They’re going to need a somewhat functional passing game in one those and I don’t see that happening.

They'll win the west by about 2-3 games in this scenario.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 7Got6

Xerxes_

Sep 10, 2023
It's truly astonishing how bad the Big 10 west is year after year after year. They never get better. Outside of tOSU and Michigan (sometimes Ped State) the entire Big 10 is utter garbage.

What is Iowa State's record vs B1G teams over the last few decades?

Help Support Us

Become a patron