Which fan group feels better about their team right now?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It's truly astonishing how bad the Big 10 west is year after year after year. They never get better. Outside of tOSU and Michigan (sometimes Ped State) the entire Big 10 is utter garbage.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Kirk is in an interesting situation. Seems like the perfect time to retire after this season. another 8-11 win season, but things going forward will be a lot tougher (despite the fact they have protected games with b1g west teams (wisc, nebby, minny). but he can't retire unless he wants to see his son relegated career wise. who the **** would hire that guy other than his own father?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Kirk is in an interesting situation. Seems like the perfect time to retire after this season. another 8-11 win season, but things going forward will be a lot tougher (despite the fact they have protected games with b1g west teams (wisc, nebby, minny). but he can't retire unless he wants to see his son relegated career wise. who the **** would hire that guy other than his own father?
My son learned to walk around a year old...
...time for Brian to learn to walk on his own now, without daddy's assistance. He'll find his way, somewhere.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm sure someone would hire him as a position coach.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I can't fathom an Iowa fan feeling bad about 6-1, regardless of how they arrived to that record. 6-1 is rarefied air for programs like both Iowa and Iowa State.

Pretty happy with 4-3 right now for Iowa State. At times both prior to and early in the season, I struggled to see how we'd even end up with 4 wins, let alone 4 by mid October.

I think both fan bases can be allowed to feel equally good right now. The future outlook is a more intriguing question to me. A month ago or so, Campbell had the fan bases panties in a bunch and thinking that maybe things were starting to circle the drain a bit. That has flipped 180 in my mind at least, and we have seen change and development of young talent transpire right before our eyes. Iowa fans still have to put up with Kirk and Brian and winning despite terrible offense. So I'm gonna say Iowa State fans are having more fun right now. I can't imagine sitting thru an entire game at Kinnick or watching an entire Iowa game on TV right now. Boring product despite the wins.

Reactions: cykick

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
ISU for sure. CMC appears to have righted the ship. Reverted back to 2018 form, started trusting both coordinators, taking more risks, and playing to win.

Iowa has a fantastic defense and special teams, but plays not to lose.

ISU is much more fun to watch, and will get better over time. Iowa? They are what they are.

• Dumb
Reactions: CloneLawman

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I watched the end of the Iowa game Saturday and Hill looked heavier and wider than all of his lineman when they were in the huddle.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa is 6-1 and should win the West and head to Indy again. On paper, that certainly should mean their fans would feel better than a team that's 4-3. But, I have many Iowa fans that are flat out annoyed. They know Iowa is fraudulent.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Look I’d feel better about my life if Iowa State had 0 wins.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Iowa is 6-1 and should win the West and head to Indy again. On paper, that certainly should mean their fans would feel better than a team that's 4-3. But, I have many Iowa fans that are flat out annoyed. They know Iowa is fraudulent.
Annoyed, absolutely that the ceiling is predetermined by a god awful offense. The results don’t feel fraudulent to most as they are very good to elite at two of the 3 phases of the game. We just feel cheated by not having an offense/OC that can get them to the next level.

• Dumb
Reactions: irish

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I watched the end of the Iowa game Saturday and Hill looked heavier and wider than all of his lineman when they were in the huddle.
Heard he had this poster in his room growing up.

1462806.jpg.0.jpg

Reactions: GoHawks and ScottyP

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Annoyed, absolutely that the ceiling is predetermined by a god awful offense. The results don’t feel fraudulent to most as they are very good to elite at two of the 3 phases of the game. We just feel cheated by not having an offense/OC that can get them to the next level.
Iowa is elite at special teams and is good at defense. They aren't elite there this year. Iowa is 100% a fraud this year in that they're marginally winning games against mediocre teams without being able to throw a forward pass.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Iowa is elite at special teams and is good at defense. They aren't elite there this year. Iowa is 100% a fraud this year in that they're marginally winning games against mediocre teams without being able to throw a forward pass.
I suppose it’s semantics but I’d say they are very good, not elite but better than good.

I guess don’t see what the argument for “fraud” is. They are ranked 24th in the AP with a 6-1 record. There are 12 one loss teams ranked ahead of them and no zero loss teams behind them. I also haven’t heard a single Iowa fan complain about said ranking?

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I suppose it’s semantics but I’d say they are very good, not elite but better than good.

I guess don’t see what the argument for “fraud” is. They are ranked 24th in the AP with a 6-1 record. There are 12 one loss teams ranked ahead of them and no zero loss teams behind them. I also haven’t heard a single Iowa fan complain about said ranking?
Oh I agree and that's what I'm saying. I don't think that any Iowa fan thinks they're that good. What I was saying earlier, and these are my own friends so obviously there are different opinions, but they are not excited that Iowa is 6-1 and believe it's a joke.