Which Iowa border state would you be most afraid of in a state vs state civil war?

Which one?

• Total voters

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Hey! The USS Iowa SSN 797 will be commissioned in a few months. It also carries nukes.

Hmmm, let me check. . . . Crap, Missouri also has one, and Minnesota, and Illinois, and South Dakota. We better reach a nuclear weapons accord before war: No nukes.

Anyone know the size of the smallest Mississippi River locks between the Gulf and Iowa? The Iowa submarine is 377 feet long and has a 34-foot beam (on the surface, maybe draws 25 feet?) Get USS Iowa boat SSN 797 to Davenport, we got a shot!
The cannon that Knoxville has that‘s pointed towards Pella and the cannon that Pella has that’s pointed towards Knoxville, we need to get them pointed south.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
When the disintegrating gun disintegrated, that was my LOL for the day.

Daffy and Bugs are the best. In 'toons when DD's bill gets knocked off his head, I still laugh. Great stuff.
You may fire when ready grizzly.

Reactions: CyValley

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Norwegians would use dirty fighting techniques like offering free lefsa dinners at all their Lutheran Churches...you know us German's can't turn down something that is free.
Yeah but they’d have that lutefisk that would stink and keep everyone away.

Reactions: Kinch

GoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I would worry that the bottom 2 county tiers in Iowa would secede from Iowa and join Missouri so I'm with you, Missouri is the answer
If this happened, the average IQ of both states would increase. I'm all for it.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If this happened, the average IQ of both states would increase. I'm all for it.
That's exactly the joke my dad and his whole family used to make, going back 40 years.

And they're damn near hillbillies themselves from the 3rd tier up (Madison/Warren).

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
That's exactly the joke my dad and his whole family used to make, going back 40 years.

And they're damn near hillbillies themselves from the 3rd tier up (Madison/Warren).
There is a guy who lived in our county, which is along the Missouri border, who called census workers “revenuers” and told the census that he lived in Missouri. To the west, my dad knew a guy who shot at a person doing survey work for the future I-35. He thought he was after his still.

• Wow
Reactions: CascadeClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron