who hates school?

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
If you hate school, you are going to hate the real world. College is the best time of your life. Lots of lady friends, drinking with buddies and summers off.

Couldn't have said it any better.....
Ahhhh, college, the good ol' days...:notworthy:

Reactions: Clonegrad07

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Agreed with everyone who already posted: college is the best time of your life.

There were a few people I've bumped into since leaving college that said they liked "the real world" better and I literally felt sorry for them. If college wasn't the best part of your life (or maybe I should just say a great part of your life), you weren't doing it right.

It is really the only time that you have total freedom with no responsibilities other than to study.

Another tid-bit of advice: don't be the "I'm going home this weekend" guy. You know, the dude/chick that goes home literally every weekend, for whatever reason be it a gf/bf at home, being homesick, etc. You need to stay over the weekends because you'll never get those back. Go home for the holidays (xmas, thanksgiving, some over summer, etc.). ENJOY YOUR TIME!
Maybe you aren't doing the real world right if you think that college is the best time of your life.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
You're ridiculous... stay in school as long as you can. It's AWESOME. It's so much easier to mosey to school for 18-20 hours a week and study another 10 or so a week... and still be able to drink whenever you want and party your balls off. Trust me... school is NOT that bad.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Maybe you aren't doing the real world right if you think that college is the best time of your life.

Oh I am not saying I am not enjoying my life/real world, but college was just so carefree, fun, and easy. I was an ME who graduated with a great GPA, had a 20 hour a week job, had a fiance, and was president of my fraternity and I still had enough time to go out thursday, friday, & saturday night.

It just was so much easier to worry about studying and only studying where the real world you have stuff to worry about you never even cared about in college (healthcare, 401k, stocks, insurance, morgage, etc.)

I like the real world, but I LOVED college. Having all your closest friends live within a 5 minute walk, going to bars whenever, going to tailgates and sporting events without having the plan the whole weekend around it (because I live 8 hours away). Just no comparing IMHO.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
I've fought the "college was better" bug for a long time during various points in my life. I've settled into college would be a great place to vacation but I wouldn't want to live there. I'd love to take a sabatical and go back to school for a semester.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
My advice: Stay in college until you get your PHD (in a business field so that you can get a job) and then teach in college.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
You guys are lucky! College was great. I have to study nonstop right now for the PE Test while working full time, and I dont have penny pitchers and $5 all you can drink and hot college women at the bars all around me to take my mind off it!

Dont kid yourself, college is awesome.
Who the hell studies for gym class?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Agreed with everyone who already posted: college is the best time of your life.

There were a few people I've bumped into since leaving college that said they liked "the real world" better and I literally felt sorry for them. If college wasn't the best part of your life (or maybe I should just say a great part of your life), you weren't doing it right.

It is really the only time that you have total freedom with no responsibilities other than to study.

Another tid-bit of advice: don't be the "I'm going home this weekend" guy. You know, the dude/chick that goes home literally every weekend, for whatever reason be it a gf/bf at home, being homesick, etc. You need to stay over the weekends because you'll never get those back. Go home for the holidays (xmas, thanksgiving, some over summer, etc.). ENJOY YOUR TIME!

Ya, thats what everyone does at my school. Makes 90% of the weekends very, very boring.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I guess I forgot to add this little tidbit to my post previously: can't do college forever. People are right when they say at some point you must move on. I think everyone has a friend or 2 that hasn't moved on. The guy that is a full time bartender in a college town, literally just lives his life as if he was in college full time but never actually graduated. I loved college and would go back but we have to evolve as some point.

The "ever got out of college" guy is probably pretty close to the "living through my awesome high school sports achievements" guy, both are pretty lame.:sad:

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
I guess I forgot to add this little tidbit to my post previously: can't do college forever. People are right when they say at some point you must move on. I think everyone has a friend or 2 that hasn't moved on. The guy that is a full time bartender in a college town, literally just lives his life as if he was in college full time but never actually graduated. I loved college and would go back but we have to evolve as some point.

The "ever got out of college" guy is probably pretty close to the "living through my awesome high school sports achievements" guy, both are pretty lame.:sad:

If he's having fun doing it and doesn't hate his gig, then why hate?

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Had a great time in college, but enjoying the life of a family man much more. Its great to have money to do things and a wife that lets me do them.
I thought I missed college, but went back a couple years after I graduated and spent a weekend with my brother, only to find I had grown up a little bit.
The group of 8 I lived with in college still get together several times a year, sometimes just the guys, other times for weekends with the whole families, and we still can have a good time, but I doubt any of us would trade it for what we have now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron