Who's On Pollard's Short List?

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
I think we all got way too excited in 2020. ISU is still a bottom football program. We have a year or two where it looks up and we want to pronounce us a competitive program, but still no. 2020 was an unusually high water mark, but same floundering after. Somehow got NFL talent here but now nothing to replace it.

The most productive team in the athletic department is marketing

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Explain to me again why Pollard scheduled a MAC team on the road? I suspect that for some odd reason that CMC expected some recruiting bump and a reward for the Ohio recruits that he has taken from there. But it is a financial decision by JP and I contend that another home game against a similar level team would make more sense with the money generated from home games.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Explain to me again why Pollard scheduled a MAC team on the road? I suspect that for some odd reason that CMC expected some recruiting bump and a reward for the Ohio recruits that he has taken from there. But it is a financial decision by JP and I contend that another home game against a similar level team would make more sense with the money generated from home games.
Because jp is cheap and doesn't want to pay full price to win games, so he makes deals to do home and homes instead.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
My biggest concern is that Pollard won’t fire Campbell until the district is done, at which point they both step down leaving a hole at AD and Fb Coach at the same time. So the president takes their time to hire an ad then the ad doesn’t even have first pick of the top upcoming talent.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
It doesn’t matter. He’s not going to fire Cambell until he absolutely has to (aka, it’s too late). The stubbornness of this coach is absolutely maddening. We are watching a slow motion death spiral because he is too hard headed to change his mind.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
First off we won’t fire Matt for two years at minimum. To high of a buy out. However, please give me. Coach that at least plays an exciting style of football. I would rather get beat 35-32 than lose 10-7

I'll take a coach that goes for it on 4th and 1 when they're on the opposing team's 20 yard line and down 10-0 with about 7 minutes left in the game.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

For the same reason Alabama is playing USF on the road today? You can't not go to the small conference school 100% of the time.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
All the olds simping for pollard. Y’all have been watching this garbage longer than me. Don’t you want better? You want a dollar general over looking a stadium with a 8 man caliber team in it? Enjoy
It gives a whole new meaning to the Dirty Thirty of the 21st Century!