SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I like to look at tiers:

Tier 1 - KU, KSU, ISU
Tier 2 - TCU, Texas, Baylor
Tier 3 -OSU, WVU, OU
Tier 42 - TTech

We have been here before, 2 teams with a decent chance to unseat Kansas. Not sure anyone in Tier 2 does especially after TCU lost to WVU. Your purple kittens have a small step on KU and ISU with their win at home over Boobirds. Who will hold home serve and win 5 or 6 on road? Still betting on Kansas but lets check in after next week.

Injuries and how well teams hold up with the night in, night out physicality of play is going to start to become more of a factor.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Texas is power ranked one spot above their AP poll spot and it's not an egregious mistake... this league.

But I think I pretty much agree with your rankings, just would swap Texas and TCU

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone and surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I like to look at tiers:

Tier 1 - KU, KSU, ISU
Tier 2 - TCU, Texas, Baylor
Tier 3 -OSU, WVU, OU
Tier 42 - TTech

We have been here before, 2 teams with a decent chance to unseat Kansas. Not sure anyone in Tier 2 does especially after TCU lost to WVU. Your purple kittens have a small step on KU and ISU with their win at home over Boobirds. Who will hold home serve and win 5 or 6 on road? Still betting on Kansas but lets check in after next week.

Injuries and how well teams hold up with the night in, night out physicality of play is going to start to become more of a factor.
Obviously, I'd have the same tiers and that's a fair way to look at it to avoid forced ranking, which I personally prefer.

Injuries are important. I know Baylor and oSu are getting guys back now. K-State has been without starting center, David N'Guessan, throughout conference play.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
KU
ISU
KSTATE
TCU
BAYLOR
TEXAS
OK ST
OU
WVU
TECH

AND JUST FOR FUNSIES

KU
HOUSTON
ISU
KSTATE
TCU
BAYLOR
TEXAS
UCF
CINCINNATI

OK ST
OU
WVU
BYU
TECH

Reactions: VeloClone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
TCU is having quite the Jekyll and Hyde conference season so far.

Tech looks like they are in sole possession of last place right now, but they are dangerous enough to beat anyone on a given night.

Baylor looks like they are turning things around.

These conference games are fun as hell to watch this year.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Several positions throughout are close to deadlocked, but as with my previous ranking, I won’t allow ties.

1 Kansas
2 Kansas State
3 Iowa State
4 Texas
5 TCU
6 Baylor
7 West Virginia
8 Oklahoma State
9 Oklahoma
10 Texas Tech
--> Any of 7 thru 9 I could swap, but will use the Power-rank "recency" precedent.

• Agree
Reactions: 20eyes

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Obviously, I'd have the same tiers and that's a fair way to look at it to avoid forced ranking, which I personally prefer.

Injuries are important. I know Baylor and oSu are getting guys back now. K-State has been without starting center, David N'Guessan, throughout conference play.
Yes, injuries matter. ISU has been without 6th man F Jaz Kunc for all of Big 12 play. Will be interesting to see how he is integrated back into the rotation since newly eligible Tre King sopped up his minutes.

Is there a timetable for David to return?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don't know what "Floyd Standings" means, nor the reason for having Ku twice at +2. Explain?
Whoops on the double KU.

Floyd Standings: +1 for a conference road win. -1 for a conference home loss. 0 for a conference home win and road loss

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Yes, injuries matter. ISU has been without 6th man F Jaz Kunc for all of Big 12 play. Will be interesting to see how he is integrated back into the rotation since newly eligible Tre King sopped up his minutes.

Is there a timetable for David to return?
Kunc may be addition by subtraction? K-State's David N'Guessan has been out since B12 play started and likely won't see the floor Saturday v. TxT. He was averaging 8 points and 5 boards before going down. If you've watch the Cats, you know there's a hole at the five spot forcing Tang to play small ball much of the time.

Last edited:

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
One of those KUs should be KSU.

+1 for a road win, -1 for a home loss. It accounts for where you have played games as the conference season goes along.
And when it's all done, that will be how many games above or below .500 a team is. A zero Floyd score will equate to a record of 9-9 no matter where the wins and losses are

Reactions: surly

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Kunc may be addition by subtraction?
Nope, but Tre King was just getting into the rotation when Jaz went down so he's filled in nicely. ISU has never really played with it's full roster of players yet. Will be interested to see how Jaz fits in when he returns, but he'll definitely play a big role.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I think TCU is a little like North Carolina both good talented teams but everyone put way too much stock into a tournament run or a really good tournament game for TCU and then said oh they're returning basically everyone so they should be really good. Don't get me wrong I think TCU is top half of the best league in the country. I just don't think they're really a title threat