Why not re-rank today 1/19 ...

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I'm good with that as my ranking criteria is how I see this finishing based both on what they've done to this point in time and the eye test. So, I see Ku winning it as well.
It's a story as old as time. KU will win nearly every game they are supposed to and split the home and home with the top tier(s). The remaining teams will have those same splits and then lose a game or two that they really shouldn't. The rest of the conference eats itself alive and KU slides thru by having fewer hiccups.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
It's a story as old as time. KU will win nearly every game they are supposed to and split the home and home with the top tier(s). The remaining teams will have those same splits and then lose a game or two that they really shouldn't. The rest of the conference eats itself alive and KU slides thru by having fewer hiccups.

KU wins the league so often because they don't stumble at home. Everybody else does. A bad year for KU is 8-1 at home.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
KU wins the league so often because they don't stumble at home. Everybody else does. A bad year for KU is 8-1 at home.
True- 16 home losses in 19 seasons. At one point, ISU was the only school to beat him twice in AFH.

• Informative
Reactions: surly

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Pretty good rankings. I would probably switch KU/ISU right now. Iowa State has one of the more mature teams in the country and they are playing like it. I don't think they lose at home this year.

• Creative

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I like to look at tiers:

Tier 1 - KU, KSU, ISU
Tier 2 - TCU, Texas, Baylor
Tier 3 -OSU, WVU, OU
Tier 42 - TTech

We have been here before, 2 teams with a decent chance to unseat Kansas. Not sure anyone in Tier 2 does especially after TCU lost to WVU. Your purple kittens have a small step on KU and ISU with their win at home over Boobirds. Who will hold home serve and win 5 or 6 on road? Still betting on Kansas but lets check in after next week.

Injuries and how well teams hold up with the night in, night out physicality of play is going to start to become more of a factor.
I keep hearing people hype TCU, but Baylor and Texas both feel like they're sleeping on more potential. TCU feels like they may be what they are at this point.

I don't get it w/ them.

• Haha

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I keep hearing people hype TCU, but Baylor and Texas both feel like they're sleeping on more potential. TCU feels like they may be what they are at this point.

I don't get it w/ them.
Dixon was this way at Pitt as well. 2 out 3 nights they are lights out, then they lay a turd. I am fine with them maintaining that pattern. I do think they are a level above OSU, WVU and OU still (not withstanding their loss at WVU)

• Useful
Reactions: davegilbertson

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yes, injuries matter. ISU has been without 6th man F Jaz Kunc for all of Big 12 play. Will be interesting to see how he is integrated back into the rotation since newly eligible Tre King sopped up his minutes.

Is there a timetable for David to return?
Jaz was a starter btw, gabe moved in to start with a 4 guard lineup.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
In lieu of new thread (honestly we should choose one as the "official" and purge the weekly versions) ...

Here's my power rank, thru 1/21:
1 Kansas State
2 Kansas
3 Iowa State
4 TCU
5 Texas
6 Baylor
7 Oklahoma State
8 West Virginia
9 Oklahoma
10 Tech

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
In lieu of new thread (honestly we should choose one as the "official" and purge the weekly versions) ...

Here's my power rank, thru 1/21:
1 Kansas State
2 Kansas
3 Iowa State
4 TCU
5 Texas
6 Baylor
7 Oklahoma State
8 West Virginia
9 Oklahoma
10 Tech
I agree with this. You could argue ISU #2 since we have two one possession losses on the road and KU got blasted at home but KU also did beat us

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
We should wait for Tuesday's outcomes. Today is muddier than the Missouri River after spring storms. I can't with any confidence sort it out without first seeing Bu/Ku and ISU/K-State. TCU is a complete enigma.

BTW, my basis: how the B12 finishes based on what has happened and what my eyes tell me. Tuesday night will potentially provide a major sort.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: Lineup

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The really odd thing about tcu is, their best player is a pg but their glaring weakness is pg play. They are great in transition but struggle in the half court bc their offense is just Miles going 1 on 1. He will either kick and flop taking a tough 3 or flop at the rim trying to draw a foul.
Fixed for accuracy.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We should wait for Tuesday's outcomes. Today is muddier than the Missouri River after spring storms. I can't with any confidence sort it out without first seeing Bu/Ku and ISU/K-State. TCU is a complete enigma.

BTW, my basis: how the B12 finishes based on what has happened and what my eyes tell me. Tuesday night will potentially provide a major sort.

I'd say KSU is on top of these rankings today. We can alter that tomorrow, and then we see where it goes.
But the Cats are #1 right now.

• Love