Why we believe in Magic

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Announcer says during Gessel's free throws, "This is the loudest I have ever heard a basketball arena" Nice work Hilton Fans and Hilton Magic.

I'm ecstatic to hear that, because I was thinking the crowd wasn't really getting it done tonight most of the time. But then, I might have been pacing the hallway away from the TV when he was shooting the FTs.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I just put my 5 year old daughter to bed. She wanted to stay up and watch because she believes in Magic.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
I just put my 5 year old daughter to bed. She wanted to stay up and watch because she believes in Magic.

My 8-year old would have watched if I'd let her, but 8:45 start time was too late. Someday I hope to introduce her to Hilton Magic in person. I was there in the pep band in the 90's when Fred started his playing career and Johnny Orr was leading the team. It's good to know that the magic lives on!

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Heard a quote from Fran where he said that once you get to a certain level every venue is the same. He was comparing Hilton to breslin etc so was in no way disparaging hilton. Still I wonder if he feels the same way after that last minute. Lesson learned Francis?

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Hilton Magic made Gisselle Bundcheon or whatever his name is miss two huge FT down the stretch.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Crowd was kind of eh tonight ( team never really went on that big run to get excited), but took it to a different type of level on those free throws.

That game will be mentioned along with that Okie St and Texas missed free throws.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
There is absolutely no such thing as magic. Hard work, teamwork, good recruiting, good coaching...that is real. I'm almost sick of passing off the rewards of ISU's hard work to a fake "magic".

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I'm ecstatic to hear that, because I was thinking the crowd wasn't really getting it done tonight most of the time. But then, I might have been pacing the hallway away from the TV when he was shooting the FTs.

Crowd wasn't getting it done because iowa answered every time ISU started to make a run. Too many easy baskets. The crowd can get going after a good offensive play, but it needs a stop to really get into it.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
I don't think I've ever screamed in my life as loud as I did during those two FTs at the end. It was unreal.

I had to stop yelling on the second free throw by Gessell. Thought I was going to black out. I guess that's how you know you are giving it everything you have!:smile: