Why we believe in Magic

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
My 8-year old would have watched if I'd let her, but 8:45 start time was too late. Someday I hope to introduce her to Hilton Magic in person. I was there in the pep band in the 90's when Fred started his playing career and Johnny Orr was leading the team. It's good to know that the magic lives on!

Bad parent. Very bad.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
There is absolutely no such thing as magic. Hard work, teamwork, good recruiting, good coaching...that is real. I'm almost sick of passing off the rewards of ISU's hard work to a fake "magic".

This is why Santa is skipping your house this year.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
There is absolutely no such thing as magic. Hard work, teamwork, good recruiting, good coaching...that is real. I'm almost sick of passing off the rewards of ISU's hard work to a fake "magic".

Combine all of that with fan support at games and faith in our team, and that IS Hilton Magic. Hilton Magic is a phenomena that is created by the coaches, fans and players all together.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I actually thought it was louder vs Michigan. Certainly it was loud much more often. I thought the fact ISU was losing most of the game and the overall ugliness/choppiness/lack of flow took the crowd out of it. A lot.

That said, it did get loud there at the end, esp for Giselle. Can't believe he missed them both!

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I understand what you're saying, but if you think the fans didn't play a part on those last missed free throws by Iowa, then you're crazy.

I hope I don't have to explain that people don't actually believe in Hilton being magical. It's the atmosphere that's created there, and that's created by the fans, players and the coaching staff.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I understand what you're saying, but if you think the fans didn't play a part on those last missed free throws by Iowa, then you're crazy.

I hope I don't have to explain that people don't actually believe in Hilton being magical. It's the atmosphere that's created there, and that's created by the fans, players and the coaching staff.

Hilton IS magical. Always has been, always will be.

Kinda like the island from LOST. Hilton would not allow a loss last night.

3rdGenStater

Oct 7, 2012

I don't think they're mutually exclusive. I'd like to think--at least in terms of the "hard work" and "teamwork" you mentioned--that Cyclone fans appreciate (and let be know through noise and craziness) our team's work on the court, which further elevates the players' efforts. Add to that 14,000 fans doing their best to get into the heads of opponents and you have "magic." All parties involved work hard to create the magic.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
My 8-year old would have watched if I'd let her, but 8:45 start time was too late. Someday I hope to introduce her to Hilton Magic in person. I was there in the pep band in the 90's when Fred started his playing career and Johnny Orr was leading the team. It's good to know that the magic lives on!

My 10yo was on me all week just making sure I was letting him stay up late to watch the game. We were jumping around and screaming at the end. Living in CR, he will have a fun day at school on Monday.

Reactions: Bobber