Willow Hall?

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Re: ISU Campus Alert

Here is what the email said:

[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-1]This is an emergency message from ISU Alert. Police are responding to a report of a person displaying a gun in Willow Hall at approximately 1:00 am Sunday morning. Residents of Willow Hall are advised to remain in their rooms until evacuated by law enforcement.

Anyone not in Willow Hall is asked to avoid that area of campus.

The person is described as an African American male, approximately 6 feet tall, dressed in a black and white jacket with a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He also has a tatoo on his neck. Call 911 to report information about the suspect.

I repeat, this is a campus emergency; this is not a test. Please share this information with others immediately and follow the instructions of university officials or local authorities.

For updates, check the ISU homepage.

This is an emergency message from ISU Alert. Police are responding to a report of a person displaying a gun in Willow Hall at approximately 1:00 am. Residents of Willow Hall are advised to remain in their rooms until evacuated by law enforcement.[/SIZE][/FONT]

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006

Webdev might be home sleeping. I'm not sure what the process for updating the website afterhours is.

Something like this, the person should be on speed dial to get this posted asap. I'm sure there are along of concerned parents that got woken up at 1 a.m.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

nice to hear that the email and phone alerts worked. do they have text messaging too? Pretty shocked that the website isn't connected with this and updated.

Yeah, they have text messaging also.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley

Kelechi Osemele sent me a message on facebook saying he got patted down at Willow, and said

"There is no shooter just some other drunk black guy in lov saying he had a gun"

K.O. is a pretty cool guy, not right that he got accused, but I trust what he said, glad to know not a real gun situation.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Kelechi Osemele sent me a message on facebook saying he got patted down at Willow, and said

"There is no shooter just some other drunk black guy in lov saying he had a gun"

K.O. is a pretty cool guy, not right that he got accused, but I trust what he said, glad to know not a real gun situation.

Sounds about right.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006

some players upset because they are being accused and searched... Hopefully this is resolved

(KO was not the only one)

SaxaCLONE13

Nov 6, 2007

Yeah I actually know him and he wouldn't hurt a fly! He's a really nice guy and hilarious when you sit with him. Too bad that this incident had to deal with him

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006

KO is a class act, 100%.... doesnt sound like there was a real big threat tho..

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley

According to the website he is now in custody

The website says people in Willow can return to their normal activities, that would be hard after this situation, this thing I'm sure would be a huge buzz kill. :wink:

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids

sounds to me like this was for the most part a 'better safe than sorry' alert. that's kind of what the whole UNI situation seemed like to me as well.

not saying that school's shouldn't be proactive and safe, but I just kind of wonder how many of these 'false alarms' will be happening now after Virginia Tech and Northern Illinois.

state09

Dec 19, 2007

nice to hear that the email and phone alerts worked. do they have text messaging too? Pretty shocked that the website isn't connected with this and updated.

I received a text and a call that went to my voicemail at 1:40

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron