Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I would definitely listen to most shows. I think it would be really great if you could get some guests that were involved with other schools, such as baylor's football play by play guy for example. I'm always interested to know what ISU is up against in the upcoming season.

I would also prefer short shows. 15-20 minutes tops. Here at work I typically have a nice little window at some point in the day to listen.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Chris,

In the past you have mentioned wanting to expand & produce content related to other sports outside of football, MBB, and WBB. However, it seems that when those sports were in season there wasn't enough time and/or man-power to generate quality content for those sports outside of the primary 3. Since it is the off-season for those 3 primary sports maybe this will provide the opportunity needed to expand to other sports, like volleyball and Cross Country?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Chris,

In the past you have mentioned wanting to expand & produce content related to other sports outside of football, MBB, and WBB. However, it seems that when those sports were in season there wasn't enough time and/or man-power to generate quality content for those sports outside of the primary 3. Since it is the off-season for those 3 primary sports maybe this will provide the opportunity needed to expand to other sports, like volleyball and Cross Country?

Ideally we'd like to get there at some point but in all honesty, those other sports don't pay the bills (and we have plenty of them to pay). It isn't that I don't respect/value those sports, but people aren't going to read cross country columns. They just won't.

Now we aren't going to ignore the Olympic Sports either. In fact, I had a conversation with an assistant for one of the Olympic Sports on Saturday and we're working on maybe doing something here or there in the offseason that would be fun for everybody.

Having said that, the plan is for us to cover wrestling, much like we do women's basketball, in 2013-14. Working on that right now.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
I would love this. Even just discussing everyday sports topics would be great. Maybe throw in a little royals baseball too!

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
feed://www.cyclonefanatic.com/feed/

Automatically updated to i'Tunes too.

Great, thanks. Now added to my automatic downloads on Podcaster.

As others have said, I don't think you need to do one every day unless you have something worth talking about. I'll now download all of them (that's all that matters for advertisers right?) and probably listen to most of them though.

Meinhardt4ISU

Oct 6, 2009
NEVADA
I'd listen every day. I have espn playing in the backround all day.Would much rather here about iowa state for some of my day. Keep up the good work Chris!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I dont listen to a ton of podcasts but i might listen to some of them. On youtube would be great.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
My life = Study, sleep, Party on the weekends, eat, watch game of thrones, archer, supernatural, and check the cyclonefanatic website at least 10 times a day. So yes I would listen to a daily podcast.

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
I probably would not. I like a weekly one for Football and Basketball but that's about it. I do appreciate the willingness to try something like this!! Great website!

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
It's today's equivalent of someone sending you a new 8-track every day in the mail that you plug into your stereo and listen to it...

except the 8 track is an audio file, the mail is the internet, and your stereo is about any device that is connected to the internet and can play audio files.

So, yeah, like way better.

:wink:

chuckle.......good one!

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
+1 to this don't really listen to the pod casts now as it is. I do watch the video's you put up though.

I don't listen to them now either, so this wouldn't change anything from my perspective.

However, if you had a really interesting conversation or topic, I might listen someday.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I love listening to the podcasts you and Austen do, you guys are great together. But would I listen to just you? Uh no, sorry.