Wrestling NIL collective is now open called Cardinal & Gold Collective

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I have been against NIL since the beginning as not having sympathy after paying 21 years of my out of state tuition loans. However, I have come around. Great to see ISU wrestling coming back around! Donated $100. Now, going to see about getting an ISU wrestling shirt to wear it proudly around Houston.
I’m all for legit NIL. College kids should be able to profit off of the money they generate. The blatant pay for play is what I can’t stand but I’m not sure if it’s ever going back.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Buff will the site eventually have NIL gear we can purchase, like an online store? That way the wrestlers could put up their merchandise to sale. I don’t know if that’s even possible just think that would be another cool way for them to get some NIL.
The site is going to be great once it gets tweaked and more mobile friendly! LFG!!!

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
OK, seriously need some help with this. My 2023 wrestling support dollars have already gone to the RTC. Going forward, the program would rather have funds going to the new collective? Split with CRTC? Personally, I’m much more interested in recruiting & retention for ISU rather than post-college freestyle competition. Everybody has to make choices regarding where to give. TIA.

Reactions: CloneFanInKC

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Set up my monthly recurring payments to the collective. Let's go get some big time recruits!

Reactions: jkbuff98

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Buff will the site eventually have NIL gear we can purchase, like an online store? That way the wrestlers could put up their merchandise to sale. I don’t know if that’s even possible just think that would be another cool way for them to get some NIL.
The site is going to be great once it gets tweaked and more mobile friendly! LFG!!!
I am sure it will get tweaked. I am not sure what the long term plan is.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I want a wrestling robe so I don't have to walk around my house naked and scare the neighbors in the morning. Would pay a premium for one of those bad boys

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I want a wrestling robe so I don't have to walk around my house naked and scare the neighbors in the morning. Would pay a premium for one of those bad boys
They usually auction off a robe at the golf events during the summer. Think that is the only way to currently get them outside of wrestling on the actual team

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
OK, seriously need some help with this. My 2023 wrestling support dollars have already gone to the RTC. Going forward, the program would rather have funds going to the new collective? Split with CRTC? Personally, I’m much more interested in recruiting & retention for ISU rather than post-college freestyle competition. Everybody has to make choices regarding where to give. TIA.
I'm going to personally split mine up between the CRTC and the Cardinal&Gold Collective for now. I'm a big believer in needing senior level athletes to draw recruits and have good training partners.

Reactions: cloneraslin

Cyguy1994

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2021
Maybe they could have an online auction of one a year as well? Probably go over well

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Not to mention those that don't golf or have time/willingness to travel to Humboldt. It is easy enough these days to do an online live auction so those both present and not can participate.
I believe the silent auction items are on line. we do have bigger items on the live auction that are not available online.

Reactions: wxman1

NEIACyclone

Oct 25, 2012
Maybe a person can send in money and have 3 options, 1. it go to Collective, or 2. it goes to the CRTC or 3. it goes where the staff wishes.
ThisFor the sake of keeping everything straight…I think you combine the 2 under the new Collective and allow the dollars to go where needed/when they are needed…worst thing that can happen when folks are donating to make it complicated and misplaced

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I would be proud to donate to the Cardinal and Gold Collective with one caveat.
I will match up to the next $500 tonight by midnight ET, beginning at the time of this post.

Donate the ticket to the event to someone who needs convincing.
Maybe a person can send in money and have 3 options, 1. it go to Collective, or 2. it goes to the CRTC or 3. it goes where the staff wishes.
But since the coach has no affiliation with the NIL the coach won’t know where the money should go

• Haha
Reactions: 4theheckofit