WWB: New Profiles and who will be 2015-16 Most Dominant player

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Nothing says welcome back more to a new school year at Iowa State than updated images and profiles on the Official Iowa State site: http://www.cyclones.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&SPID=4253&SPSID=46670&DB_OEM_ID=10700

Click on the link and with each profile read the anticipation grows, especially viewing this group. We have top players from many states (and Canadian provinces) along with a mix of veterans with mettle.

But who do you see, two months from official start of the season, will prove to be most valuable to the success of the season?

My pick would be Bree. Her early start in 2014-'15 (she set records) and fairly steady play will anchor all which revolves around her - especially if she begins hitting 3's like she did in HS. As a left-handed Center, with great size and good finish on her in-close shots she could tough to defend. With a little more athleticism and improved defense she could be a real star for this team.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Maybe it's just a hunch. But Tee Tee Starks just looks a baller. Maybe not the mvp , but perhaps a "super frosh".

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If Starks comes on the way Seanna did her freshman year I'd be darned happy. Only 2 seniors this year the future looks bright for WBB. I will certainly miss Kidds' enthusiasm, hope Maddy has a nice Sr. year.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Without the PG from the last four years around, I think we'll see a different and better Jadda. The kind of point guard that traditionally thrives in the Fennelly system.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
No love for Burkhall? I don't know why, but I envision her as the kind of player who comes in and makes an immediate impact by putting up some gaudy numbers in the nonconference and you wonder where she came from. BF has had these types in the past, freshmen who grab 10, 11, 12 rebounds a game and put up double digits in scoring in the nonconference slate. Welle was that way and there were others too from that era and later. None recently though, so we're due.

I'm hoping Burkhall is so good, rebounding, scoring and defensively, she shoves Fernstrom to the bench. Fernstrom had a nice freshman campaign, but she was exposed on defense and is not a great rebounder at 6-5. Now if Fernstrom improves in those aspects, so much the better.

VaClone

Jun 4, 2006
No love for Burkhall? I don't know why, but I envision her as the kind of player who comes in and makes an immediate impact by putting up some gaudy numbers in the nonconference and you wonder where she came from. BF has had these types in the past, freshmen who grab 10, 11, 12 rebounds a game and put up double digits in scoring in the nonconference slate. Welle was that way and there were others too from that era and later. None recently though, so we're due.

I'm hoping Burkhall is so good, rebounding, scoring and defensively, she shoves Fernstrom to the bench. Fernstrom had a nice freshman campaign, but she was exposed on defense and is not a great rebounder at 6-5. Now if Fernstrom improves in those aspects, so much the better.

I would guess Burkhall will play the 4. No one is going to "shove" Fernstrom to the bench, we need her size. I believe that the only thing that was exposed was the fact that she was a freshman. I think all of our freshmen will exceed expectations and Jadda will be our most dominant player.

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006
I have a feeling that Durr will make a big impact this year. Would really like to see her put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. Add that slashing guard/forward element.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
No idea who will be the MVP or if we have maybe three equal stars. All I want to start the season off is some better ball movement and player movement. Some nice crisp passing and less standing around with a PG dribbling the ball.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
No love for Burkhall?
Freshman will contribute. And we have three great ones coming in, but I think a veteran will step up. Seanna maybe, but sitting out will hurt Jadda (I could be wrong) and Bree (Bre, Brie, Bry?) will turn into Welle (I hope).

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Bree, Jada, Johnson, Kidd, Durr - No superstar, but each makes the others better and the rest of the team pressures for pt and keeps everybody fresh. If someone beats one of these - we're in great shape. Candidates - Ricketts and Carleton

Last edited:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Kidd's a great kid, but the talent behind her will be snapping at her heels. I'm curious to see how well Jadda does now that her path is clear, there won't be any excuses now that Nikki is gone.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Team was at the Alumni Center today.

11990565_10153588422429420_53016074908492202_n.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Another Facebook picture of the team at Cyclone Center hosted by the Alumni Association on Saturday.

Kidd is such a non-conformist. :smile:

attachment.php

Attachments

• wbb sept 2015.jpg
    wbb sept 2015.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 618

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
Our big 3 players I feel are going to be

1. Seanna will be our MVP type player with the depth at post she will be able to play the 3 Wing position more hopefully use her all around talent more I see her leading us is scoring maybe 15ppg or so and I'm sure she will be one one of our top rebounders maybe a few less rebounds a game this season because she will likely be playing more guard. Would love to see her hit a few more 3s this season. Def a all big 12 player. Could be a very similar player to Megan Taylor by the end of her career (5-10 gaurd that can rebound shoot and play multiple positions)

2. Jadda is our best player if 100% she will be our point guard and she can also become a great scoring threat, she's a great shooter also. She will have a some options and depth this season i see her putting up around 12ppg and 5-6 apg. If injury free she will defanitely be an all conference pick and possible future all American I feel depending on the success of the team. Could be possibly one the best ever at Iowa state!

3. Kidd is will be a spark plug for this team she's a senior now I see her stepping up and becoming a full time starter. I kinda of hope for a heather eZell type of senior season, a hard nose guard that hits big shots and she will probably help with some of the PG minutes. Should average atleAst 10ppg. Kidd has played well and has experience I see her stepping up a level this season!

Meredith Burkhall could be a big time freshmen there are post Minutes waiting for her if she's ready

Hopefully Bry Fernstrom has improved her game, she has size. With some more depth at post with burkhall and ricketts she shouldn't have as much pressure!