tenor.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Jamie Pollard at Hilton:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Keegan is a fine player. I think he is a piece but will never be the piece. No clue on the lesser talented one. Seems like he's one of those classic players Fran has who he will force into the lineup just to force him into the lineup.

IrkbyBog22

Dec 20, 2021
Before you all bash the Iowa Mens Basketball's 2020 recruiting class, why not ponder this. Am I thrilled that Fran stole two kids from Western Illinois to play at Iowa, ABSOLUTELY!! Did I think people would question their commitment, YOU BET!! But if you haven't watch them play, or workout, or study because they go to a prep school nobody's heard of I don't blame you.

How did Christian Williams end up, Waterloo Dale? As a fan and basketball expert, I would say that they would not be worthy of a MVC scholarship offer. They have both added 40+ lbs of muscle, increased their verticle jump by 17+ inches, will play at least 6 positions for their prep school team who will compete with the likes of IMG, Montverde and Prolific Prep during this season. They are still growing and could get another six inches or so (Keegan 6'8 and Kris 6'7.5). They are learning from Dan Pannagio (Wikipedia page in a foreign language). He is the basketball mind behind DME Sports Academy. They both shoot, handle and understand the game worse than I did at 19 years old. If they can take what Fran and Billy Taylor say they need to work on before they get to campus to be able to contribute, they will do it because Fran plays everyone. They have been underestimated and doubted for a long time and rightfully so. God Bless and Long Live Fran!!
Bigtime steals from Western Illinois!

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
You've got to hand it to Fran. Iowa is a TOUGH place to have any type of success at. MVC level recruiting in the Big 10 is not something most coaches could last 10 years with.

Also, give the Iowa AD a lot of credit for having realistic expectations and knowing they're pretty damn lucky.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Hey, as long as Keegan plays against a defense as soft as butter like Utah St. he looks all world. Put him against a team that plays solid defense like ISU and he looks remarkably pedestrian. ISU put the book out on how to stop him. He'll get shut down by the good defensive teams... if there are any of those in the B1G.