Yet another good OL to Iowa!! Whats going on?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
So before a mod changes the title of my thread to something totally different to get a rise out of the Cyclone fans he has to pass it up with all the other mods? As in, "is it ok if I screw with this guy's thread title, even though he's done nothing against forum rules?"

K, I think I understand now.

I'm sorry, but yes it is true and it does happen from time to time. I doesn't happen often but it's happened to me on at least 3 ocassions. If you honestly believe that not one single mod has ever abused his power here, you're being very naive.

Well, then I will make my recommendation directly at you this time and reiterate that no one is holding a gun to your head.

Nobody is going to cry for lack of one less hawk whining about how a Cyclone message board is run.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Well, then I will make my recommendation directly at you this time and reiterate that no one is holding a gun to your head.

Nobody is going to cry for lack of one less hawk whining about how a Cyclone message board is run.

I'm not leaving, as I've said about 3 times now, for the most part, the mods do a great job.

I'm just reiterating that you're 100% wrong in believing that abuse of power never happens here.

WholeFoods

May 29, 2009
Denver, Colorado
QB- ISU's
RB- If Iowa's stay healthy (their starter Hampton), if not, ISU
WR- ISU's group
TE- ISU's (unless that Moeaki stay healthy for once)
O-Line- Iowa's group

D-Line- Iowa group (I'd ISU's DT's at the moment)
Linebackers- Iowa's group
Secondary- Iowa's group (top 5 in the country probably)

Special Teams: Iowa's group (Returners ISU's)

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Secondary- Iowa's group (top 5 in the country probably)
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Earlier in this thread you had two Iowa fans complaining the SS needed to be replaced, yet they're top 5 in the country as a unit? Iowa's secondary got thrown on all day against Iowa State. They are not top 5. Red zone defense was great, but a top 5 secondary plays the whole field, not just the red zone. Iowa's linebackers and line also help out their secondary immensely.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I'm not sure it's abuse. It's a private board. Kind of an oligarchy if you will.

Exactly.

I just had a healthy laugh at the idea that this was all brought about by a couple of hawk fans who want to decide how/when/and what mods should post, and define themselves as the arbitor of "abuse".

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008

Earlier in this thread you had two Iowa fans complaining the SS needed to be replaced, yet they're top 5 in the country as a unit? Iowa's secondary got thrown on all day against Iowa State. They are not top 5. Red zone defense was great, but a top 5 secondary plays the whole field, not just the red zone. Iowa's linebackers and line also help out their secondary immensely.

Top 5 in the country no...but tops in the Big 10? Pretty damn close. Spievey had better numbers than Fletcher - who will be playing on Sundays in a couple months and Sash was Big 10 defensive freshman of the year. Greenwood is solid - it'd be nice to have a better athlete back there but you can't have worldbeaters at every position. It remains to be seen what Iowa's got at the other CB spot with Bernstine/Prater.

Last edited:

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

And yet, ISU still didn't sniff the end zone. However, an ISU fan critiquing how Iowa plays defense is funny in and of itself.

I think _______ just scored again. C'mon.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
And yet, ISU still didn't sniff the end zone. However, an ISU fan critiquing how Iowa plays defense is funny in and of itself.

define sniff...

while we didn't get into the endzone (sometimes you don't even need one :biggrin:), IMO we sniffed alright.

-keep

DJKHawk

Dec 22, 2007
Iowa City, Iowa
Top 5 in the country no...but tops in the Big 10? Pretty damn close. Spievey had better numbers than Fletcher - who will be playing on Sundays in a couple months and Sash was Big 10 defensive freshman of the year. Greenwood is solid - it'd be nice to have a better athlete back there but you can't have worldbeaters at every position. It remains to be seen what Iowa's got at the other CB spot with Bernstine/Prater.

Pretty damn close?

There's not a secondary in the Big Ten better than Iowa's.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

What's truly funny in and of itself is an Iowa fan on an Iowa State board. THAT'S funny ****! :yes:

Oh, and I think _________ just got arrested....again. C'mon.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
define sniff...

while we didn't get into the endzone (sometimes you don't even need one :biggrin:), IMO we sniffed alright.

-keep

I'll give you that. The first time, Chizik didn't trust the running game to get 1 yard on 4th down, and forced Mahoney to kick from an impossible angle; he predictably shanked it.

Second time, TGAA never saw Sash streaking across the end zone; pick.

Third time, Prater knocked the ball away.

That about covers it I think, unless there was a play in there where Bates got knocked silly along the sideline.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
define sniff...

-keep

I wouldn't say they sniffed it... more like they accidentally took a big wiff as they were passing a hog farm. You could smell it - but still quite a ways away.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I'll give you that. The first time, Chizik didn't trust the running game to get 1 yard on 4th down, and forced Mahoney to kick from an impossible angle; he predictably shanked it.

Second time, TGAA never saw Sash streaking across the end zone; pick.

Third time, Prater knocked the ball away.

That about covers it I think, unless there was a play in there where Bates got knocked silly along the sideline.

this is why people hate you.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Opt-in. Please God, opt-in.

Nah. I have a better plan. I am all for having Cyclone fans just add every single hawk ********* (RDubbs excluded) to their ignore list. The only reason they are here is because people respond to them and then they can flame them and be ******** because that is what they do best. Their numbers are growing on this site because people keep letting them talk about Iowa by responding. I for one am done. Stop responding and trust me that these douches will lose all interest in CF.

ISU fans start threads to mock hawk trolls but it only fuels their fire to be bigger assbags then they already are. IGNORE THEM and they will leave. I for one am sick of these guys taking the best message board in the midwest and trying to destroy it. Ignoring them is the only way. I am compiling a list of these trolls and to anyone that is interested feel free to PM me for the updated list so we can rid CF of the cancer that is hawk fans. (Rdubbs excluded)

Let's take CycloneFanatic back and have it be like it was intended to be... a site for Cyclone fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: yCy

Help Support Us

Become a patron