Not open for further replies.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Did you not open it? Pretty explanatory. Ames is placing Cy's around town,
like Iowa City has done with Herkys for years, which the article even references. I'd have to say between the jerseys and promotional efforts ISU is pretty unoriginal and lack creativity.

You could have gone with literally anything else, but you went with Jerseys and Cy's around town.... you really suck at trolling.

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
You could have gone with literally anything else, but you went with Jerseys and Cy's around town.... you really suck at trolling.

Who's trolling? I just find the lack of identity humorous. Obviously the statues was an idea taken from Iowa City and the jerseys are a direct knockoff from USC. It's not an opinion or an attempt to 'troll' it's a matter of fact.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who's trolling? I just find the lack of identity humorous. Obviously the statues was an idea taken from Iowa City and the jerseys are a direct knockoff from USC. It's not an opinion or an attempt to 'troll' it's a matter of fact.

Are you implying Iowa didn't knockoff the statue idea from another college or something?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you implying they did? Link it

So to state the obvious, you're making fun of ISU for "stealing" an idea from Iowa (one that nobody cares about on here) when Iowa actually "stole" the idea from a Big 12 school.

Congrats on a great start to your posting career over here

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/apr/22/senior_searches_elusive_birds/

"The statues first appeared in April 2003 as part of a fundraiser led by KU and Lawrence Convention and Visitors Bureau. In all, 30 birds found roosts throughout town. At the end of the exhibition, many were donated to charitable organizations to be auctioned off."

Iowa did the same thing in 2003… -http://www.hawkeyesports.com/genrel/111203aaa.html -

Also, this article in 2003 only references the herky's dressed up in costume not the typical black & gold ones which had been able a staple around IC for years prior. For someone who doesn't care at all it sure keeps you talking.

Way to reply to rebuttal with yourself by the way, congrats on your over 4,000 posts now of which I'm guessing at least 3,000 are relative to UI.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa did the same thing in 2003… -http://www.hawkeyesports.com/genrel/111203aaa.html -

Also, this article in 2003 only references the herky's dressed up in costume not the typical black & gold ones which had been able a staple around IC for years prior. For someone who doesn't care at all it sure keeps you talking.

Way to reply to rebuttal with yourself by the way, congrats on your over 4,000 posts now of which I'm guessing at least 3,000 are relative to UI.

So just to outline the timeline so that we can agree April is defintely before November:

-A Big 12 school does something in April 2003
-Iowa copies them and does something in Nov 2003
-ISU copies the previously mentioned Big 12 school and does something in 2014
-You were wrong

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
So just to outline the timeline so that we can agree April is defintely before November:

-A Big 12 school does something in April 2003
-Iowa copies them and does something in Nov 2003
-ISU copies the previously mentioned Big 12 school and does something in 2014
-You were wrong

I guess you're choosing to ignore the fact that Iowa City had Herky statues in town before 2003. It was in November (for the parade) they decided to add more (with costumes) - a call to action that doesn't happen over night - and unveil during a specific time (parade). You can't argue Kansas didn't steal the statue idea from Iowa as they had them decorated in Black & Gold before hand, and the timeline for costumes is arbitrary because the time period is so close and were revealed to the public at a specific time in Iowa City.

One thing is certain, it certainly isn't an original idea any more; particularly in the state of Iowa. Are you just conceding the jersey design isn't a direct ripoff of USC's? Smart of you, for once.

You're wrong. But keep thinking you're right, and continue to post condescendingly, it suits you.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I guess you're choosing to ignore the fact that Iowa City had Herky statues in town before 2003. It was in November (for the parade) they decided to add more (with costumes) - a call to action that doesn't happen over night - and unveil during a specific time (parade). You can't argue Kansas didn't steal the statue idea from Iowa as they had them decorated in Black & Gold before hand, and the timeline for costumes is arbitrary because the time period is so close and were revealed to the public at a specific time in Iowa City.

One thing is certain, it certainly isn't an original idea any more; particularly in the state of Iowa. Are you just conceding the jersey design isn't a direct ripoff of USC's? Smart of you, for once.

You're wrong. But keep thinking you're right, and continue to post condescendingly, it suits you.

Whatever helps you sleep at night little bro

Status
Not open for further replies.