You need more snow plows...

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I think the DOT does a good job in getting the roads cleared. When it is snowing and blowing, do you really expect clear roads? Come tomm AM the roads will be clear.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Well when you call out a state, and also seem to put blame on us CFers which we can't control the weather or how well the streets and interstates are cleared, what kind of response did you think you'd get? It's your own problem if you decide to drive in the weather with a rav4.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
Well when you call out a state, and also seem to put blame on us CFers which we can't control the weather or how well the streets and interstates are cleared, what kind of response did you think you'd get? It's your own problem if you decide to drive in the weather with a rav4.

yes, CF is to blame about the roads being blocked:eek:. I had no problem driving in this weather, but when roads are closed down and traffic coming to a halt on detours, it doesnt really matter what car you drive with.

again, it was a half joking comment, in illinois roads are cleaned almost immediately, the last time i remember schools ever being canceled because of snow was about 6-7 years ago for one day

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
yes, CF is to blame about the roads being blocked:eek:. I had no problem driving in this weather, but when roads are closed down and traffic coming to a halt on detours, it doesnt really matter what car you drive with.

and traffic NEVER backs up in Illinois, especially when there's an accident or a detour?

what the hell are you talking about?

again, it was a half joking comment, in illinois roads are cleaned almost immediately, the last time i remember schools ever being canceled because of snow was about 6-7 years ago for one day

You need your memory checked:

ECC: Status Search

that is a list of hundreds of chicagoland schools that either canceled or got out early today.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

That's the state's way of saying

"Exercise intelligence: DON'T. DRIVE."

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
and traffic NEVER backs up in Illinois, especially when there's an accident or a detour?

what the hell are you talking about?

You need your memory checked:

ECC: Status Search

that is a list of hundreds of chicagoland schools that either canceled or got out early today.

i never said anything about those, i said snow

??? those are mainly all private/elementary/middle schools except a couple, they usually do get out on snow days

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Dude, you're making an *** out of yourself.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Dude, you're making an *** out of yourself.

last time i had a snow day was somewhere in 2001 or 2002 school year, how does that make an *** out of myself?

edit: and for the record, its odd that people seem to get ticked off over someone mentioning you need more snow plows. Its pretty obvious you do when the news itself shows almost every highway being blocked or covered with ice.

Now do i know why its like this ? no, do i care? not really, its just a statement, i wasn't mad when i wrote it, but people seem to get uptight over not being able to drive on highways

Last edited:

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
A RAV 4 definitely is a compact SUV. This weather would cause any lady's panties to make like a thong. It's OK sweet heart. Spring will be here in a few months.:biggrin:

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
last time i had a snow day was somewhere in 2001 or 2002 school year, how does that make an *** out of myself?
There was a period of about 4-5 years from about 2001-2007 where the winters were unusually mild in the Midwest. The past two years have been unusually snowy.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
There was a period of about 4-5 years from about 2001-2007 where the winters were unusually mild in the Midwest. The past two years have been unusually snowy.
Except for Illinois. Those guys are tough mother ****ers, and we're just wusses for calling off things because of snow.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
so you had a detour today because of snow, not because of an accident?

are you sure?

it was yesterday btw

and it was both, traffic because semis tipped over, and parts of i80 were closed off because it wasn't plowed

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron