Youngblut Dismissed

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Am guessing a walk on might have a shorter string than a schollie player? Just a guess.

I'd think so.

That would be my guess too. Probably zero tolerance for a walk-on because they are representing the program more off the court than on the court. So anything that hurts their image and thus hurts the program image would be cause for dismissal. Plus as a freshman, she had not yet established a positive reputation to fall back on.

In all other respects, she seems like a quality kid. It's very hard to imagine what might have happened. Maybe she made a really bad mistake and now has to pay for it with bad publicity as well. Maybe it was something really minor that got taken to the extreme. She is the daughter of two former Cyclone athletes who have represented the university well, and hopefully she does too in the end.

clonezone22

Feb 25, 2012
I have heard about this incident and I can assure you that it was brought extremely out of proportion. I am aware of the situation that occured and it seems to me that this charge will never stand because of it's ridiculousness in accordance to the case. Student atheletes will be held to a higher standard and if this had been a "regular" student this would have never gone anywhere. I feel sorry for Youngblut, she didn't deserve this.

CyFan51

Nov 7, 2011
Iowa
I have heard about this incident and I can assure you that it was brought extremely out of proportion. I am aware of the situation that occured and it seems to me that this charge will never stand because of it's ridiculousness in accordance to the case. Student atheletes will be held to a higher standard and if this had been a "regular" student this would have never gone anywhere. I feel sorry for Youngblut, she didn't deserve this.

Problems can be solved by keeping your **** nose clean and not getting involved in something. I have some friends who said that she thought she was an all-star. You know the "I'm a Division 1 athlete and you are just a student" type. I feel that she deserves it because she should know her role as being a student athlete and she violated it.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Guys (and some gals) like hot coeds. Get over yourself.

And most adults are able to "like hot coeds" without a need to turn every thread about female athletes into a discussion of their looks and insinuations of wanting to have sex with them.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I don't find her that attractive but to each their own.....

I heard about this fight.... sucks to that it happened, but gotta pay the consequences for a mental lapse like that.

Reactions: JUKEBOX

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I don't know what misogyny is, but it sounds fun. If ******* don't wanna be holla'd at they shouldn't be lookin' so fine.

high_horse.jpg
Neither did Charlie Harper.....just sayin'.

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
Went to high school with herheard the campus police handled it terrible could be more to come on this story. they are good friends with our family.

CloneFan319

Aug 18, 2010
Iowa
Went to high school with herheard the campus police handled it terrible could be more to come on this story. they are good friends with our family.

Stupid campus police! Last Friday, my friend and I were walking from Maple to the parking lot. When another friend of mine showed up and asked me for help jumping his car. Long story short, the campus police showed up and thought we were stealing this car...Seriously?? :wacko:

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Why are some athletes allowed the due process of law prior to final decision by the coach or athletic department? I'm not taking sides, just trying to figure this out. The incident must have been pretty clear to coach for him to take immediate action.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
Why are some athletes allowed the due process of law prior to final decision by the coach or athletic department? I'm not taking sides, just trying to figure this out. The incident must have been pretty clear to coach for him to take immediate action.

I think it probably depends on how much evidence there is and the individual situation of the player. For example, if someone got a public intox and it was their first offense it wouldn't be as big of a deal as a player who also got a public intox but has a DUI and other arrest records already.