Youngblut Dismissed

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
Because Bill didn't think she needed to be kept around so he cut ties immediately?

Were you a division 1 athlete? If not, completely and totally different situations. She should be held to a higher standard than say I am as a normal student.

I think there are disagrements on if they should or not be heald to different standards. I happen to know they can be wilder than one would think.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If she was the best looking girl on the team that would make reason number 28 why I don't like women's basketball.

Yeah, we've regressed since the Mary Fox days.

177658.jpg

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah, we've regressed since the Mary Fox days.

177658.jpg

Thank you for this! :yes: Her and Tracy Gahan used to sit right next to me in a class one semester which actually made the class something to look forward to 3 times a week.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
This is from an earlier article:
Knights keeping up legacy

4f3b27ae1fba5.image.jpg

Davenport Assumption girls basketball coach Mallory Youngblut talks with Kate Fennelly on Jan. 10 during a game against North Scott.* (John Schultz / Quad-City Times)

... Mallory Youngblut, a 2006 Assumption graduate, took over the program barely two months removed from completing her playing career at North Dakota.

As improbable as it seems, three coaches in three years has hardly slowed the Assumption machine. That hasn't much surprised Jasmine Binion, who along with fellow senior Grace Fennelly played varsity for all three leaders.

"We're just as competitive as our coach," Binion said. "She hates losing more than anything, and that's how we are. I think that's a mentality she got coming through the Assumption program....

They won yesterday and play Ballard in the state semi-finals Thursday:
Assumption girls set up semifinal date with Ballard

Class 3-A final: Ballard (Huxley) 50, Benton (Van Horne) 34 | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs