YouTube TV Getting Ability to Split Into 4 Screens

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
dish network increasing another $5 and I still don't have CBS. I'll need to seriuosly consider the YTTV
Just called as a last ditch effort for my parents to see if dish could come down at all for them...dish didn't budge told them sounds good they are canceling. Got them up and running with their YouTube TV and put their guide order the way that want. They are happy now to get local 8 back too.

Nice thing was they already had a Roku they were using in the living room for Netflix and Prime. I picked up a Roku Stick for their bedroom and will get another one for their basement sometime.

Now the only thing that I wish I could get to work is the damn ESPN app on the Rokus. Been having issues with that on mine as well since this past spring.

Reactions: IceCyIce

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Just called as a last ditch effort for my parents to see if dish could come down at all for them...dish didn't budge told them sounds good they are canceling. Got them up and running with their YouTube TV and put their guide order the way that want. They are happy now to get local 8 back too.

Nice thing was they already had a Roku they were using in the living room for Netflix and Prime. I picked up a Roku Stick for their bedroom and will get another one for their basement sometime.

Now the only thing that I wish I could get to work is the damn ESPN app on the Rokus. Been having issues with that on mine as well since this past spring.

I’ve resorted to just using Hulu for all ESPN+ games. Works so much better than the ESPN app.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
How does that work? I'm subscribed to YouTube TV, ESPN + but I don't have anything with Hulu.

We do have the Disney bundle, so Hulu does come with that. I’m not sure if ESPN+ would still show up in the Hulu app if you don’t have Hulu or not? We do not have Hulu Live (their equivalent to YTTV). Might try to create a Hulu account and see if it works without subscribing to that service.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Curious about getting the standalone YouTube Sunday ticket. I know on YouTube TV you can DVR the games, but with the standalone option, does anyone that has that know if you are able to DVR the games?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Many are having freezing/buffering issues today with the Sunday Ticket. I'm not having that but the picture quality is terrible.

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Many are having freezing/buffering issues today with the Sunday Ticket. I'm not having that but the picture quality is terrible.

Have you tried manually selecting a resolution? I've had random issues with it auto-selecting like a 480p resolution for no reason

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Only NBA league pass games to this point. But I can’t imagine they won’t have a multi view option for March Madness already.

I currently get NFL, NCAAF, NCAAB, etc all in YTTV split screens (up to 4). But I think it's only on ESPN affiliated channels if I recall correctly.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I currently get NFL, NCAAF, NCAAB, etc all in YTTV split screens (up to 4). But I think it's only on ESPN affiliated channels if I recall correctly.

It’s a weird assortment of channels. Typically, they are grouped by network today. So they have Fox channels, but only with FS1 channels. So I would imagine they’ll have all of the Paramont channels as an option as well for the basketball tournament.

CYedUp

Dec 18, 2021
They need to allow the user to select multi and then select 4 channels they want. I suppose there could be some licensing issues with that possibly but not sure... Just would be really nice.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
This is awesome. Hello March Madness!
March madness only ever has 4 active games going at the same time anyway. So you don't need the ability to customize the 4 screen view. All the tourney viewers will want the same 4 channels.

The bigger problem was college football season when you could have games going on 10 different networks at once but they didn't offer an option that hit the 4 I was most interested in. Hopefully that is in place for next fall.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Anybody have this new function for college basketball tonight? Doesn't look like I have it yet.

I thought I only had ESPN-affiliated channels, but it was ESPN and Fox last night.

1706712861395.png