YouTube TV Getting Ability to Split Into 4 Screens

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Anyone know if you can watch NFL Sunday ticket internationally? Or is it just in the states?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Reactions: mynameisjonas

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

F3p7RTSXcAAq4zE

Last edited:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

August Update from YouTube​

News
Hi all! We’ve been keeping busy with the FIFA Women’s World Cup, WNBA, and getting ready for the NFL season, but we’re back for another update!

Multiview: We’ve launched our multiview “always-on” streams to all YouTube TV subscribers! We’ll also be launching multiview for the upcoming football season. You’ll be able to choose from an extensive assortment of multiview combinations, including local NFL, college football, and NFL Sunday Ticket games (if you’re a subscriber).

NFL Sunday Ticket Billing Options: You asked for more flexible billing options for NFL Sunday Ticket and we listened!
  • Monthly Payment & Student Plans: We’ve started to roll out the option to pay for NFL Sunday Ticket via monthly payment plans for subscribers signing up on web in most states. We’ll also be introducing student plans soon! Read more here.
  • Integrated & Google Play Billing: You can now sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket through Frontier, Verizon, WOW!, and Google Play Billing.
Library Experiments: We continue to hear your requests to improve Catch Up on your Favorites relevancy and Watch badging. We've been testing a new version of the Library (which many of you have seen) and are listening closely to your feedback to continue to improve the experience.

NFL Sunday Ticket Preseason Early Feedback: While preseason games are not part of the standard NFL Sunday Ticket package, we'll be testing a small set of games this weekend. For existing Sunday Ticket subscribers who want to help share early feedback, feel free to tune into the follow games:
  • Saturday, August 19th at 8PM ET: Tennessee Titans at Minnesota Vikings and
  • Saturday, August 26th at 1PM ET: Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears, Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers, and Arizona Cardinals at Minnesota Vikings
Video Quality: We continue to invest in improved feeds and bitrate improvements. Many users with eligible 4K compatible devices that support VP9 codecs are now seeing higher quality 1080p content with more device coverage and improvements on the way this fall.

Separately, NFL Sunday Ticket games will have distinct source feeds broadcast in 1080p (a mix of native and upscaled) compared to 720p local broadcasts. We’re working with our partners to bring more 1080p HDR and 4K games to you in the future.

5.1 Audio/Video Sync: We rolled out some fixes over the summer to address 5.1 A/V sync issues across Live playback while we work on some remaining VOD fixes. We also fixed an issue where the 5.1 toggle was not persisting. We're aware of some related stuttering feedback on some devices that we continue to investigate.
Samsung 2020+ TV Rewind/Fast Forward Issue: We’re working with Samsung to issue a firmware update to address some playback issues when scrubbing TV.
Amazon Fire Stick Pause/Resume Issue: We’re working with Amazon to release a fix to address an issue where pausing and resuming may result in a spinning wheel or jump forward.

Thanks again for all the feedback and we’ll be back with more updates soon!

Reactions: cyfanatic

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Looks like they updated the Guide a bit. Rounded the corners and put some space between the shows. Think it is an improved look.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
So, I get (kinda) why Sunday Ticket on YTTV might blackout games that are on my local channels. However … this afternoon my Sunday Ticket channels show Arizona-Minnesota, Seattle-Green Bay, and Buffalo-Chicago are what they have on. They’re all three blacked out for me.

Yes, the Vikings game is on KGAN and the Bears game is on KFXA … but as far as I can tell the Seattle-Green Bay game isn’t being aired in Cedar Rapids. Why is Sunday Ticket blacking that one out? Just because the Packers will typically be over the air here, this game isn’t, so I’m confused.

I wasn’t really planning to watch preseason NFL today anyway, but I thought it’d be cool to see the multi-view. Instead I got the zero-view.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
There has to be some kind of restriction that YTTV is dealing with. Yesterday there was only one multiview playing Nebraska/Colorado but 4 of them had Holy Cross. I believe ISU had the same issue but I was watching full screen so not 100%.

A little tip on how to see which ones are showing without going through the whole list.

#1 Go to the full screen game you want to be included.
#2 Push down on the directional button
#3 Choose Mutliview and it will show everyone that includes this channel.

Reactions: tzjung

cyfanster

Dec 29, 2021
This would be a major feature advancement! Hope it happens soon!

It works!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
There has to be some kind of restriction that YTTV is dealing with. Yesterday there was only one multiview playing Nebraska/Colorado but 4 of them had Holy Cross. I believe ISU had the same issue but I was watching full screen so not 100%.

A little tip on how to see which ones are showing without going through the whole list.

#1 Go to the full screen game you want to be included.
#2 Push down on the directional button
#3 Choose Mutliview and it will show everyone that includes this channel.

Guarantee there is some sort of kickback going to YTTV to push certain networks’ games. Or at least restrictions on ABC/ESPN channels being shared with Fox channels. Cause this feature would be perfect if you could just create your own multi view.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
dish network increasing another $5 and I still don't have CBS. I'll need to seriuosly consider the YTTV