YouTube TV Getting Ability to Split Into 4 Screens

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
"...the 30-second ads will run on the top 5% of its most-viewed and most-engaged videos on the platform when played on a television. YouTube will also begin testing out “Pause Experiences,” during which ads will appear next to a video when that video is paused. "

Reactions: cyfanatic

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Thought maybe we would have an e-mail from Google in our inbox this morning explaining what happened last night but so far zilch.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
"...the 30-second ads will run on the top 5% of its most-viewed and most-engaged videos on the platform when played on a television. YouTube will also begin testing out “Pause Experiences,” during which ads will appear next to a video when that video is paused. "
Can we just give the marketing guy who came up with “Pause Experience” as a euphemism for “commercials when you pause your video” an award of some kind?

Maybe an explosive one?

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
The continued price increases and now this... need to start looking for a new service. Anyone still use Sling?

Sling sure is cheaper and probably makes sense for some people, but if you want more than 1 device at a time, its only saving you $18/month. You don't get ESPNU or ESPN News. You only get 50 hours of DVRs. An extra $5 gets you 200 hours of DVR. Plus there are far more channels on YoutubeTV, but that only matters if you actually want them.

I would love to see youtube TV offer a smaller lineup list for cheaper, though.

• Informative
Reactions: 1100011CS

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
The continued price increases and now this... need to start looking for a new service. Anyone still use Sling?
I still use Sling; I'm not sure I'm the typical user, though. I essentially only use it for live sports. Right now (and for much of the year), I'm only subscribed to Sling Orange (the package with ESPN), and I add Sling Blue and maybe the sports add-ons as needed during football and basketball seasons. I like it because it gives me some flexibility to save a few bucks, especially since most of my content consumption is on-demand rather than live streaming. But it's definitely not for everybody.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I still use Sling; I'm not sure I'm the typical user, though. I essentially only use it for live sports. Right now (and for much of the year), I'm only subscribed to Sling Orange (the package with ESPN), and I add Sling Blue and maybe the sports add-ons as needed during football and basketball seasons. I like it because it gives me some flexibility to save a few bucks, especially since most of my content consumption is on-demand rather than live streaming. But it's definitely not for everybody.
I think this is becoming more and more of the average user since TV shows and movies have shifted to other streaming services.

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
Youtube TV is getting crushed on social media now. I can only imagine if this happened on a NFL Sunday.

Is anyone having troubles with their YoutubeTV tonight? It seems like it is on the commercials of the basketball game

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Is anyone having troubles with their YoutubeTV tonight? It seems like it is on the commercials of the basketball game
I have had it happen a couple of times. After a little bit I would switch to another channel and then back.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Haven’t been able to watch tonight but it was doing this a lot last night in the Celtics Heat game. Couldn’t watch at all from about 5 mins left til the end of the game

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
For those that had concerns about this. Glad they are allowing this:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
For those that had concerns about this. Glad they are allowing this:

For you and everyone else that is smarter than me. Me and two buddies all share YTTV and have never had any problems. Will we be able to get Sunday ticket and have no issues still in terms of us all being able to watch at once?

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
For you and everyone else that is smarter than me. Me and two buddies all share YTTV and have never had any problems. Will we be able to get Sunday ticket and have no issues still in terms of us all being able to watch at once?
Where do your friends live? Close by?

My mom lives in Ames and starting on August, DirecTV will no longer be part of her rent. So she is looking for something else. I would consider sharing YTTV with her if it will work across different states. I’ve heard you can have several people in your family group. But it’s unclear if that is restricted to the same address.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com

My mom lives in Ames and starting on August, DirecTV will no longer be part of her rent. So she is looking for something else. I would consider sharing YTTV with her if it will work across different states. I’ve heard you can have several people in your family group. But it’s unclear if that is restricted to the same address.
How it has been working is members of your “family group” need to log in at your home address maybe once every three months, I think? When they sign in from a distance, then, they just say they’re “temporarily away” and they’re good for that three months. I think that’s the right time frame. My son is in my family group and lives on the West Coast; we’re planning on sharing Sunday Ticket, and our YTTV group has worked just fine so far.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

We all live within 5 mins of each other