YouTube TV Getting Ability to Split Into 4 Screens

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
How it has been working is members of your “family group” need to log in at your home address maybe once every three months, I think? When they sign in from a distance, then, they just say they’re “temporarily away” and they’re good for that three months. I think that’s the right time frame. My son is in my family group and lives on the West Coast; we’re planning on sharing Sunday Ticket, and our YTTV group has worked just fine so far.
Does your son have to travel back every three months then?

That part probably wouldn’t work. Anyway thanks for the details.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
How it has been working is members of your “family group” need to log in at your home address maybe once every three months, I think? When they sign in from a distance, then, they just say they’re “temporarily away” and they’re good for that three months. I think that’s the right time frame. My son is in my family group and lives on the West Coast; we’re planning on sharing Sunday Ticket, and our YTTV group has worked just fine so far.

I don't think YTTV cares about the home vs your home area. So if they all have the same local channels, I don't think it matters. Now, that's subject to change if YTTV wants to follow Netflix's lead, but they haven't seemed to so far. You may need to upgrade to 4k if you're getting screen limit messages.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Tennis Channel and couple of others stations were suppose to come to the service today and so far nothing. Also some talk on the interwebs that you must now also have the Sports Pack add-on to get it as well.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Reading the Youtube TV Reddit page appears to get the Tennis Channel you DO need to have the Sports Pack add-on ($11 a month).

These 4 channels were added to the base plan:

Magnolia Network

T2

TBD TV

CHARGE!

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Looks like tomorrow is the deadline for the Sunday ticket discount. I wish I had a better grasp of Brock’s injury status. For me it all comes down to that. If he’s the starter I’m getting Sunday ticket.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Looks like tomorrow is the deadline for the Sunday ticket discount. I wish I had a better grasp of Brock’s injury status. For me it all comes down to that. If he’s the starter I’m getting Sunday ticket.
Think it is trending in a good direction but you never know. Guess it comes down to how important that $100 deduction is to you or would you rather wait for more certainity and pay the full rate come September.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just do it.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Saw this posted on the Youtube TV Reddit forum. Still have my doubts if it ever gets to the point where we get to pick the channels and it is not pre-selected.

Rolling Out New Multiview Streams on YouTube TV​

renderTimingPixel.png

Starting today, a small portion of members will see us testing our brand new always-on multiview streams! You'll be able to watch up to 5 pre-selected multiview streams 24/7 across Sports, News, Business News, Weather, and Deportes channels on living room devices. Don’t worry if you don’t have access yet, we’re gradually rolling this out to YouTube TV subscribers over the summer. We appreciate you hanging tight while we test out these new features with smaller groups of users to make sure they’re ready before rolling out to everyone.

When will I have access to these new multiview streams? We’re in the process of gradually rolling this out to all subscribers over the summer. There’s no way to opt in for early access, but I’ll confirm on this thread once the rollout is complete.

Where can I find these new multiview streams? You’ll see multiview stream options in the “Watch in multiview” section on your Home tab.

Which devices can I watch these multiview streams on? Multiview is currently only supported on living room devices. We'll let you know if this changes!

Can I choose my own multiview streams? We’re currently only offering pre-selected multiview streams.

Will I have access to multiview streams during NFL Sunday Ticket? Yes! You'll have access to multiview streams for NFL Sunday Ticket. We're working on some improvements, so stay tuned for specific updates as we get closer to the start of the season.

Hope you enjoy! Excited to hear your feedback.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Right now would be a perfect opportunity for YTTV to have multiscreen available for Wimbledon. I'm very disappointed with their rollout of this.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Right now would be a perfect opportunity for YTTV to have multiscreen available for Wimbledon. I'm very disappointed with their rollout of this.

But most of those extra feeds are through ESPN+. So they wouldn’t be available through YTTV would they? Doesn’t the ESPN app have a multi screen ability? Or am I just thinking of a separate stream they do for Big12 wrestling?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
But most of those extra feeds are through ESPN+. So they wouldn’t be available through YTTV would they? Doesn’t the ESPN app have a multi screen ability? Or am I just thinking of a separate stream they do for Big12 wrestling?
All I want is to be able to watch both men's singles matches at one time on one screen

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
All I want is to be able to watch both men's singles matches at one time on one screen
Well you can...however you also have to watch FS1 and the Golf Channel along with it. :p Also believe they are still in "testing" and this isn't the final product (hopefully). Sounds like come Football season is when they will fully release it.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Well you can...however you also have to watch FS1 and the Golf Channel along with it. :p Also believe they are still in "testing" and this isn't the final product (hopefully). Sounds like come Football season is when they will fully release it.
I don't have the 4 screen option available to me right now

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I have no desire to watch pre-selected multiview outside of all NFL and all NCAA basketball tourny. Would love select your own multiview.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
I have no desire to watch pre-selected multiview outside of all NFL and all NCAA basketball tourny. Would love select your own multiview.
they allow multiple devices to connect. im not sure why they couldnt allow multiple stream connections to one device.

Reactions: 06_CY