YouTube TV Questions

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Curious for people who are running YTTV with a Roku, are you getting Dolby 5.1 on the live TV content for all channels? Thinking about making the jump back and that was the biggest shortcoming last time I had it.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
I split my YouTubeTV with my extended family so it is cheaper, however google tries to limit sharing outside of your household by requiring a “home area” and that you sign in in your home area at least once every 90 days. That hasn’t been a huge issue but maybe something to consider if your parents live far away.

Otherwise it has been great for all of my live sports needs. I’ve been able to watch all the cyclone football and basketball (except ESPN+ games) along with other CFB and CBB and NBA. It’s also been good to catch local channels periodically and not need to have a digital antenna. So overall I would recommend it. The DVR feature is nice too.

We do the same with some good friends, love paying $32 for YouTubeTV. Makes it easier to justify all the other streaming services we subscribe to. Our family really enjoys it and I love using the new Chromecast to watch it. The user interface with between the two is awesome.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Curious for people who are running YTTV with a Roku, are you getting Dolby 5.1 on the live TV content for all channels? Thinking about making the jump back and that was the biggest shortcoming last time I had it.
It’s supposed to be coming soon. They rolled out on Android TV and Chromecast first.

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The best thing about YTTV is no contract. We cancelled over the summer because nobody watches it. We’ll be going back when sports start up in the fall. We decided we can wait a day to watch when shows come out on Hulu.

If we (the kids) can’t find **** to watch on Paramount Plus, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max and Disney Plus, we’ve got issues. I’ve also found a couple channels on Roku TV that are worth tuning in to. 24 hours of This Old House, yes please.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The best thing about YTTV is no contract. We cancelled over the summer because nobody watches it. We’ll be going back when sports start up in the fall. We decided we can wait a day to watch when shows come out on Hulu.

If we (the kids) can’t find **** to watch on Paramount Plus, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max and Disney Plus, we’ve got issues. I’ve also found a couple channels on Roku TV that are worth tuning in to. 24 hours of This Old House, yes please.
There is a ton of free content through Roku. Too many channels to count.

Reactions: mkadl

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
That’s interesting. I had previously subscribed to YTTV through Roku, but wasn’t when they had their breakup. Now I can’t subscribe through any of my three Roku devices.
That ended in December. Just try again. Should work.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
We do the same with some good friends, love paying $32 for YouTubeTV. Makes it easier to justify all the other streaming services we subscribe to. Our family really enjoys it and I love using the new Chromecast to watch it. The user interface with between the two is awesome.

I just decided to skip ig out for lunch one day per month and pay the full price.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
One nice thing about YTTV is the ability to take it on the road. You can watch it on you laptop, phone, or someone else's computer.

My only complaint is Bally Sports Chicago is broadcast in the Des Moines area instead of Bally Sports Midwest. As a Cardinals fan, this sucks. I have no interest in the White Sox. I really don't watch much baseball during the summer, but love to watch September and October.

The cost savings are great. And I just switched to MetroNet. I signed up for 500 GB speed and have no complaints.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So another YTTV question --

If I were to subscribe to it alongside the ESPN+ package (which we have because my wife couldn't live without Disney+ ahd Hulu), then would that cover all ISU FB and MBB games?

We're about to move and I'm strategerizing about cable (or no cable) and Internet.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

If I were to subscribe to it alongside the ESPN+ package (which we have because my wife couldn't live without Disney+ ahd Hulu), then would that cover all ISU FB and MBB games?

We're about to move and I'm strategerizing about cable (or no cable) and Internet.
I have both YTTV and ESPN+ and was able to watch everything

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

No longhorn network but everything else.

• Haha
Reactions: kcbob79clone

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
I've had it since launch. I just wish they would get Bally Sports North.

ENGR 79

Apr 16, 2006
Marshalltown
We also switched cable from Mediacom to YTTV but kept internet. Our only issue was the monthly internet data limit of 1000GB. Switched to a 2000GB plan which is plenty for us. Overall glad we made the change.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Hulu includes ESPN+ in their subscription.
(Hulu + Live TV)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Anyone else have slow YTTV or issues in general lately?