Zion Williamson?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I know the shoe company is inevitably going to take some heat for that injury, but I have to wonder if any shoe on the market currently is built to withstand the kind of pressure that a freak athlete of that size can put on it.

That is what I was thinking as well. There isn't anyone like him. 6'6 285 or whatever he is. You put that kind of pressure in the right spot with the right force, I can see how it would happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
He was wearing Paul George shoes. PG is a little lighter. Maybe Lebron shoes would be a little better.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I know the shoe company is inevitably going to take some heat for that injury, but I have to wonder if any shoe on the market currently is built to withstand the kind of pressure that a freak athlete of that size can put on it.

I don't think it's a big deal. Nike will eat some **** on Twitter for a few days and maybe their stock price dips a little today, and that's about the extent of it. Stuff happens.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Oh yeah! That’s where I saw it.

I could see him rising up the boards a little based on that, I guess. I don't know. When I watched him against ISU earlier this season I thought he was pretty good but nothing about him screamed lottery pick. I haven't seen enough TT games to say for sure. If there's a possibility he could still grow another few inches then the buzz makes sense.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Architect

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
More on the Zion Williamson front...

Jay Williams is enraged with the trip...

But it's a-okay when a Dukie does it...

The guy is probably the most physically gifted player I've ever seen in college basketball. He's insanely talented but my word does it get old hearing about him every minute of a college basketball game. No seriously... a reddit user on /r/collegebasketball kept track during the game last night. 128 mentions during a 2 hour basketball game. That's more than one mention/minute. ESPN, stop... please.
6v4fdh4le7m21.jpg

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The guy is probably the most physically gifted player I've ever seen in college basketball. He's insanely talented but my word does it get old hearing about him every minute of a college basketball game. No seriously... a reddit user on /r/collegebasketball kept track during the game last night. 128 mentions during a 2 hour basketball game. That's more than one mention/minute. ESPN, stop... please.
6v4fdh4le7m21.jpg
He kept track of the number of Zion references during a Duke game that Zion was in the middle of dominating coming off of injury and he's surprised the number is high?

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
He kept track of the number of Zion references during a Duke game that Zion was in the middle of dominating coming off of injury and he's surprised the number is high?
128 times. In a 120 minute basketball game. They have animated graphics of Zion... on the screen... while the live version of Zion is currently.... on the screen. Did you know he likes anime? They had a countdown to the return of Zion yesterday afternoon. Maybe he should of kept track how many times he was mentioned during VT and FSU yesterday.. would that be more intriguing? How many non ACC games have you seen this year where he was mentioned during live ball action? Seriously... it's in the dozens for me and I don't watch an insane amount of basketball. I'm not saying he shouldn't get attention, but it has been over the top for weeks.

He definitely wouldn't be mentioned this much if he wasn't at Duke!

Mar 7, 2019
128 times. In a 120 minute basketball game. They have animated graphics of Zion... on the screen... while the live version of Zion is currently.... on the screen. Did you know he likes anime? They had a countdown to the return of Zion yesterday afternoon. Maybe he should of kept track how many times he was mentioned during VT and FSU yesterday.. would that be more intriguing? How many non ACC games have you seen this year where he was mentioned during live ball action? Seriously... it's in the dozens for me and I don't watch an insane amount of basketball. I'm not saying he shouldn't get attention, but it has been over the top for weeks.

Wrong. He is far and away the best player in college basketball, he’d be mentioned just as much wherever else he may have gone if he was dominating like he is. His performance last night alone proves this.

You are just wanting to complain about something

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Wrong. He is far and away the best player in college basketball, he’d be mentioned just as much wherever else he may have gone if he was dominating like he is. His performance last night alone proves this.

You are just wanting to complain about something
Oh really? You don't think Ja Morant wouldn't get more love if he was at Duke instead of Murray?

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
More on the Zion Williamson front...

Jay Williams is enraged with the trip...

But it's a-okay when a Dukie does it...

6v4fdh4le7m21.jpg

But couldn't be bothered to point out his blatant travel on his first dunk. NBA ready!
He's great, but the slobberfest does get old.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I agree. It was bad enough last year with Trae Young. This is a much worse.

Yeah, but with Trae Young so much of it was unwarranted. I think his ceiling in the NBA is Dollar Store Steph Curry. Good, not great.

This guy could potentially be the next big NBA superstar. He's backing up all the hype with games like last night.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
That block was incredible! I cannot believe his elevation. I agree, I get s little tired of hyping Duke, but Zion is on of the most athletic freaks I have ever seen. Not sure I can think of another player ever with his combination of size, strength and athletic ability.

He's a slightly taller version of Deonte Burton.

• Funny
Reactions: 3TrueFans

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

I keep thinking back to Maui. We're playing great at half and Bill Walton is trying to give us some props, they go to the half time analysis and they're like 'So Duke has this guy named Zion...' SMH.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone101

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron