Anyone know why KXNO dropped DP's 3rd hour?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Miller didn't take it easy on Iowa State this morning, basically said we weren't contenders for Tier 1 after last night.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Last week during the Penalty Box segment on Morning Rush, someone threw in iheart, kxno, Andrew Downs, etc. When asked why, the caller embarrassed them with Ken's two minute stint with Heather and his numerous failed partnerships with Marty.
Travis and Ross were speechless.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Last week during the Penalty Box segment on Morning Rush, someone threw in iheart, kxno, Andrew Downs, etc. When asked why, the caller embarrassed them with Ken's two minute stint with Heather and his numerous failed partnerships with Marty.
Travis and Ross were speechless.

I heard that one and of course they couldn't comment. Surprised they let that one through the call screener honestly.

Miller isn't terrible, but I don't listen to the radio until drive time, so it doesn't really affect me. It is BS that he threw a hissy fit about being paired with Heather.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I heard that one and of course they couldn't comment. Surprised they let that one through the call screener honestly.

Miller isn't terrible, but I don't listen to the radio until drive time, so it doesn't really affect me. It is BS that he threw a hissy fit about being paired with Heather.
In all fairness to Ken, Heather is awful. Ken is the only local guy I can listen to. The rest are, as a general statement, hacks. Some attempt to draw ratings by promoting the Cyclones or Hawks, but none of them are really any good.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Really? I think Murph is kind of the standard for DSM sports radio, but that’s just me.
Murph is pretty good.

Steve Deace was extremely talented (lets not go political and to the cave) in sports knowledge even though he was a Michigan apologist at time.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
In all fairness to Ken, Heather is awful. Ken is the only local guy I can listen to. The rest are, as a general statement, hacks. Some attempt to draw ratings by promoting the Cyclones or Hawks, but none of them are really any good.
We could get along. I agree.

Miller
Deace (if he ever did it again)

Murph and the other guy

Fanatics

Morning Rush (worst radio show I have ever heard- can't do it anymore)

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Murph is a great personality (and Andy), but their actual local sports knowledge pales compared to the Sports Fanatics.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Miller is trash and I will never listen to that misogynist ever again.

Of the local shows i actually like the morning rush.

Murph and Andy are so Iowa biased is not even funny.

Don't listen to fanatics but I'm sure CW makes sure ISU gets a fair shake.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Local is better....that said....

The Morning Rush is unlistenable.

I have only taken in the Miller and Condon show once and it was only slightly better.

Murph and Andy is Ok

I really enjoy Chris and Ross.

As for national shows, I don't have any desire to listen to any of them.

I like to listen to sports talk so:

1. Miller / Condon
2. Murph / Andy
Chris / Ross
4. Morning Rush

I don't dislike any of them as I always have my music I can listen to.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Murph is pretty good.

Steve Deace was extremely talented (lets not go political and to the cave) in sports knowledge even though he was a Michigan apologist at time.
Agree 100%. Just don’t really think of the Murph and Andy show as a sports show.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
We could get along. I agree.

Miller
Deace (if he ever did it again)

Murph and the other guy

Fanatics

Morning Rush (worst radio show I have ever heard- can't do it anymore)
Agree with all other than I would move fanatics down about 4 or 5 lines.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Because Miller and Condon are more interesting to listen to than a 3rd hour of DP. I don't mind Dan Patrick, but 2 hours is plenty.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I liked the schedule of DP, Cowherd, Murph & Andy, and Fanatics. Nice to have some national talk in the morning and local stuff in the afternoon. I couldn’t listen to local all day. There’s only so much you can talk about in Iowa sports.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Hate it.

I now flip away from KXNO at 10 AM and come back at 2 or so for Murph and Andy.

Haven’t listened to Miller and Condon yet as Trent was unbearable back at 1700.

Like the above poster said, I don’t need 2 hours of Miller and Condon, 2 hours of Murph and Andy and also Sports Fanatics. While they don’t solely focus on local sports, it’s a huge part of it and there is only so much Iowa/ISU I can take in a day, especially when I can get better coverage on CF podcasts.