Anyone know why KXNO dropped DP's 3rd hour?

Aug 26, 2014
The Morning Rush is absolutely unlistenable. I've stopped listening. Every time I tuned in, Travis was either frothing over the Hawks or talking only to be talking about nothing from his basement in OMAHA. He's way out of touch with local sports. Heather is a negative nellie. Awful show
I agree, I wish they would move Miller to the morning drive time. I absolutely refuse to listen to the Morning Rush at this point. It's just trash.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I haven't listened to much local radio since I got Sirius XM, but whatever happened to Travis and Tim in the mornings?

Those two were the biggest idiots I've ever listened to, they were Hawk homers who would always give out incorrect information on whatever subject they were talking about.

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
I agree, I wish they would move Miller to the morning drive time. I absolutely refuse to listen to the Morning Rush at this point. It's just trash.

Someone tweeted to him one time about how awful the show was, and he said "look at the ratings". It's not hard to have high ratings when you're the only local game in town even if you do suck

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Here's my take:

I'm disappointed as that hour usually falls while I'm traveling. I don't think Miller has a voice for radio and I find him boring. I also think he's a sexist, misogynistic, piece of trash who couldn't fathom working with a woman so he ran off to 1700.

As for other programming on 1460:

Morning Rush is garbage. Travis is the most egotistical, self centered, basement dweller on the radio. He asks inappropriate questions, ask sexist questions to female guests, and rarely has knowledge of anything they're talking about. When this happens and he finds himself in a spot he doesn't know anything about, he usually says something "edgy" to turn the subject elsewhere.

DP is the best program on 1460. He has the best guests and the best interviews. 3 hours of him was an hour too much though.

Cowherd turns the dial whenever I hear his voice. "I don't know much about this topic, but my "inside sources tell me...". I get it, his shtick is that he's overly opinionated, but that shtick gets old when he's proven wrong time and time and time and time again.

Murph and Andy I usually only get to listen to the last 30 minutes which is the exact right amount of how much I want to listen to those guys. The last half hour when they're really having fun can be great radio. They do an excellent job with their interviews of coaches/administrators.

Fanatics can be really good, or awful. When Ross takes over, it's awful. Much like Travis, he's insincere and usually has minimal knowledge of sporting events. Chris is hungry for knowledge and carries the show. He obviously does his research and puts a lot of time into the show. Ross, does not. Yesterday, however, Chris lost me. Not sure if it was during Fanatics or CycloneInsider when he went on his story about the guy who dragged his dog behind his truck all the way to town, but that was more than anyone needed to hear. I know Chris is incredibly naive, but sometimes it's unbelievable how much so.

In all, 1460 is midwest sports talk radio from a state with no professional sports and it shows. We can't carry any solid national shows because people can't relate to NFL, NBA, MLB talk 24/7.

Jan 8, 2019
Here's my take:

I'm disappointed as that hour usually falls while I'm traveling. I don't think Miller has a voice for radio and I find him boring. I also think he's a sexist, misogynistic, piece of trash who couldn't fathom working with a woman so he ran off to 1700.

As for other programming on 1460:

Morning Rush is garbage. Travis is the most egotistical, self centered, basement dweller on the radio. He asks inappropriate questions, ask sexist questions to female guests, and rarely has knowledge of anything they're talking about. When this happens and he finds himself in a spot he doesn't know anything about, he usually says something "edgy" to turn the subject elsewhere.

DP is the best program on 1460. He has the best guests and the best interviews. 3 hours of him was an hour too much though.

Cowherd turns the dial whenever I hear his voice. "I don't know much about this topic, but my "inside sources tell me...". I get it, his shtick is that he's overly opinionated, but that shtick gets old when he's proven wrong time and time and time and time again.

Murph and Andy I usually only get to listen to the last 30 minutes which is the exact right amount of how much I want to listen to those guys. The last half hour when they're really having fun can be great radio. They do an excellent job with their interviews of coaches/administrators.

Fanatics can be really good, or awful. When Ross takes over, it's awful. Much like Travis, he's insincere and usually has minimal knowledge of sporting events. Chris is hungry for knowledge and carries the show. He obviously does his research and puts a lot of time into the show. Ross, does not. Yesterday, however, Chris lost me. Not sure if it was during Fanatics or CycloneInsider when he went on his story about the guy who dragged his dog behind his truck all the way to town, but that was more than anyone needed to hear. I know Chris is incredibly naive, but sometimes it's unbelievable how much so.

In all, 1460 is midwest sports talk radio from a state with no professional sports and it shows. We can't carry any solid national shows because people can't relate to NFL, NBA, MLB talk 24/7.

You are basing this off of so little. Heather and Ken didn't seem like a good fit from the start. Ken wanted someone to compliment him well (Brinson was too goofy) that wasn't a complete degenerate (Living Hell Marty Tirrell). Ken would be doing himself a disservice if he continued that show. Heather is more like a Murph and Andy type of personality, Miller is more straight up sports. There's zero doubt Miller and Condon are a much better show than Miller and Heather would have been.

Agree with almost the rest of the post. Morning Rush is a joke, haven't listened to it in 3 years and it sounds like it hasn't got any better.

Overall I like DP Show but don't love it. Goes overboard when they start discussing the showers they took with Adam Sandler/other celebs. Braggadocios stuff listeners don't want to hear.

The sound of Cowherd's voice annoys me. He sounds autistic when he goes into his rants. I don't want to dive into anything Cowherd unless it's his obituary.

Murph and Andy is ok. Fales tries too hard with humor.

Pretty spot on with Fanatics.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
You are basing this off of so little. Heather and Ken didn't seem like a good fit from the start. Ken wanted someone to compliment him well (Brinson was too goofy) that wasn't a complete degenerate (Living Hell Marty Tirrell). Ken would be doing himself a disservice if he continued that show. Heather is more like a Murph and Andy type of personality, Miller is more straight up sports. There's zero doubt Miller and Condon are a much better show than Miller and Heather would have been.

Agree with almost the rest of the post. Morning Rush is a joke, haven't listened to it in 3 years and it sounds like it hasn't got any better.

Overall I like DP Show but don't love it. Goes overboard when they start discussing the showers they took with Adam Sandler/other celebs. Braggadocios stuff listeners don't want to hear.

The sound of Cowherd's voice annoys me. He sounds autistic when he goes into his rants. I don't want to dive into anything Cowherd unless it's his obituary.

Murph and Andy is ok. Fales tries too hard with humor.

Pretty spot on with Fanatics.
I'm basing it off of the fact he wouldn't work with a female coworker because he didn't feel like she had enough sports knowledge. It's pretty simple.

mikeeISU

Aug 15, 2017
Are they on the skids? Why replace the 3rd hour of the #1 sports talk radio show with locals who have nothing to offer?

Thanks OP, even though you don't like Miller, I was glad to get to listen to his show again. I'm out of state and thus usually catch the KXNO shows via podcast. I couldn't find a reliable feed of his show on 1700 ... not that it was very good anyway. But after listening to his first day back, it seems like he really learned his lesson, called leaving KXNO the biggest mistake of his career. I'm glad he's back and hope the "new" show will be good.

For those interested the podcast feed is already up.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I haven't listened to much local radio since I got Sirius XM, but whatever happened to Travis and Tim in the mornings?

Those two were the biggest idiots I've ever listened to, they were Hawk homers who would always give out incorrect information on whatever subject they were talking about.
I think Tim moved. I used to listen just for the laugh.

Reactions: NoCreativity

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Miller is ok but Trent Condom is one of the worst. Constantly gushing over anything hok and handing out thinly veiled insults against us. Oh yeah, he actually went to UNI, so he is the poster boy for the classic panther hok. He probably has Hawkeyes tattooed on his belly and lives in a black and yellow house.

Reactions: Cyrocks and JP4CY

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Miller is ok but Trent Condom is one of the worst. Constantly gushing over anything hok and handing out thinly veiled insults against us. Oh yeah, he actually went to UNI, so he is the poster boy for the classic panther hok. He probably has Hawkeyes tattooed on his belly and lives in a black and yellow house.

Miller is a ******* duche and this thread has no business in this forum.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
The reason I like DP the best is you have 5 total people that contribute and there is some back and forth humor and ribbing between the Danettes. Shows like Cowherd where it’s just him and occasionally Joy Taylor is just seems way to repetitive.

I’d be interested to see the local ratings the past two weeks.

Jan 8, 2019

Miller is a ******* duche and this thread has no business in this forum.

Sorry duche is too simplistic. He's a lazy hack and a whinny *****. There I feel better.

We got some serious competition for the most butthurt post in this thread. I'll give it to one of the force's post because it's possible Gaggi's is a troll post with the use of 'Trent Condom'.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm basing it off of the fact he wouldn't work with a female coworker because he didn't feel like she had enough sports knowledge. It's pretty simple.

Are you the one who called into the Morning Rush a couple of weeks ago during their Penalty Box segment to throw whomever brought Miller back into the box? The call that they essentially didn't even acknowledge? You're using all of the same keywords that guy used.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We got some serious competition for the most butthurt post in this thread. I'll give it to one of the force's post because it's possible Gaggi's is a troll post with the use of 'Trent Condom'.

Butthurt??? Don't give two ***** about Miller, guys prep is a 15 minute skim of the rag. His distain for callers gets old. Steers every NFL interview to " his broncos". Loves every opportunity to jump ship rather than discuss correctable errors.

Still waiting for an explanation on why this thread is in the ISU football forum.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The sad thing is this time of year Miller's show is the only KXNO show you can get unless you are 10 miles away from DSM.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron