Anyone know why KXNO dropped DP's 3rd hour?

Jan 8, 2019
Miller is trash and I will never listen to that misogynist ever again.

Of the local shows i actually like the morning rush.

Murph and Andy are so Iowa biased is not even funny.

Don't listen to fanatics but I'm sure CW makes sure ISU gets a fair shake.

You're leaping to conclusions.

Hate it.

I now flip away from KXNO at 10 AM and come back at 2 or so for Murph and Andy.

Haven’t listened to Miller and Condon yet as Trent was unbearable back at 1700.

Like the above poster said, I don’t need 2 hours of Miller and Condon, 2 hours of Murph and Andy and also Sports Fanatics. While they don’t solely focus on local sports, it’s a huge part of it and there is only so much Iowa/ISU I can take in a day, especially when I can get better coverage on CF podcasts.

Cry more

DP might be the laziest dude on the radio. He's such a pretentious asshat.

Old people turn like that. He was much better 8 years ago.

• Useful
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Give me local radio over national radio. I have no interest in LeBron, Brady, Yankees/Sox, etc. iHeartRadio has saved me from having to listen to the crap that is "sports" radio in Omaha.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
I find l'll stay tuned into local over any of the natioanlly produced shows, even if it's covering a team I don't have allegiance to.

Does any station carry Rome still in central Iowa? I don't even particularly like him but for some reason he just seems like the original loud mouth sports radio guy to me, and something about that is entertaining.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I find l'll stay tuned into local over any of the natioanlly produced shows, even if it's covering a team I don't have allegiance to.

Does any station carry Rome still in central Iowa? I don't even particularly like him but for some reason he just seems like the original loud mouth sports radio guy to me, and something about that is entertaining.
Jim Rome is a loud mouth but gives fantastic interviews.

• Agree
Reactions: isu81 and CTTB78

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How much of Colin Cowherd's show is replaying content from previous hours or days? Seems like a ton.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I listen to KXNO a lot. DP show is a mix of a poor man's Entourage and Jim Rome show. Dan and the Danettes like to feel cool talking about all their brushes with celebrities and talking about their involvement with the next Adam Sandler film. Then the callers give their height and weight, sing about traeger grills, and tell the back row to suck it.

Cowherd has some interesting takes, but he gives his thoughts in the first half hour, repeats them throughout the rest of the show and discusses them with different guests.

Local sports works in Iowa because we are not a professional market, and unless one of the local teams is really good they are rarely discussed on national shows. I don't mind the Miller and Condon show. If you want a straight up sports show that's what you get. They don't do a lot of the off topic stuff that the other local shows do, and because of Miller's job in Vegas they have much more of a serious gambling angle than the other shows.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
How much of Colin Cowherd's show is replaying content from previous hours or days? Seems like a ton.

Yeah, if you catch the first half hour or so then you're not missing anything the rest of the way. He picks his stories, doles out his opinions, and then hammers on those topics the rest of the way. It's not a bad show, but you certainly don't need all three hours. It's pretty repetitive.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I'm of the opinion that Murph is really good at being as neutral as possible when it comes to ISU/TOE. Andy on the other hand.....wooof. Anytime something good happens for ISU or ISU is in a positive light he'll say it and then follow up with a "ya, but..." or something of that nature. Always seems to dig out the negative when it comes to Iowa State.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Losing the 3rd hour of the DP show sucks. I just switch to ESPN radio now to catch the last 2 hours of the Le Batard show, which is might be my favorite show now locally or nationally. There is not a ton happening in Iowa to for 4 local shows. I think Murph and Andy is the best show locally with fanatics right behind it. Entertainment is king.

Icky_Mettle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Ames

1700 now carries Rome.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Local is better....that said....

The Morning Rush is unlistenable.

I have only taken in the Miller and Condon show once and it was only slightly better.

Murph and Andy is Ok

I really enjoy Chris and Ross.

As for national shows, I don't have any desire to listen to any of them.
Morning Rush is unlistenable. Travis is horrible unless you like people who laugh at themselves all the time.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ken is a good niche.

-Been around a long time in the market so has young and old listeners
-Sticks to sports
-Interview heavy but mostly local content
-Has good connections around the midwest
-Doesn't have a lean for ISU/Iowa. Wants both to do well because its good for business
-While has had issues with Pollard in the past (mostly because of his old co-host), isn't afraid to praise him or the ISU fanbase when its warranted

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
Local is better....that said....

The Morning Rush is unlistenable.

I have only taken in the Miller and Condon show once and it was only slightly better.

Murph and Andy is Ok

I really enjoy Chris and Ross.

As for national shows, I don't have any desire to listen to any of them.

The Morning Rush is absolutely unlistenable. I've stopped listening. Every time I tuned in, Travis was either frothing over the Hawks or talking only to be talking about nothing from his basement in OMAHA. He's way out of touch with local sports. Heather is a negative nellie. Awful show

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar